• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Well it's midlife to the rescue again.

I got the correct fuse for the dash lights and all is working again.

Today I reassembled the dash, painted the radiator and fan shroud. Relocated my Horns and touched up the paint around the radiator support area.

It's all coming back together. Should be out on the road in a couple weeks. If the weather ever cooperates. It's going to snow tomorrow!
Good to hear, congrats.

Today I added sound deadening under the back seat and in the trunk.
I also added some over the rear wheel wells.

It helped a bit to quiet the pump.

before

after

Noticeable improvement...but damn. I hate loud pumps. Did you take it out for a quick drive to see how it sounded on the road? From the sound of it there is a lot of noise transmitting through the metal. I'm betting you can make further improvement with a better bracket and insulators set-up as well.

I didn't take it out for a drive yet. Sunday is going to 65 so I may get it out for the first run of the year.

I am still painting some areas under the hood and cleaning up some wiring.

Tomorrow I'm going to get the back up on Jack stands and do some work on the drop bracket that holds the pump.

Still plenty left to do the doors too.

About two months till power tour!!!
I know. She'll be ready.

It's drivable as is, but I have a bunch of little things I want to get done yet.

Remaining punch list

New tires
Suspension check & Alignment
Finish sound deadening
Finish fan shroud
Clean up engine wiring.

Are you going to make it?
In a word, yes. How? I have no idea. lol. Since I travel so much, and a lot of it is last minute, it's really hard to know when I will be home and for how long. SHMBO has been very supportive letting me disappear into the garage for the bulk of my waking hours at home. I may need to do the unthinkable and actually take some time off work to get it done. Good news is I have been making serious progress. Just haven't had the time to post up much about it on my own build thread.

We are pulling for ya! I understand that travel stuff. I've been to Canada and Texas already this week, going to Fairfeild California next week? Florida the week after, back to Atlanta after that then to U.K., Germany and Czech Republic. I'll be home late May I time for the Power Tour

Finished up the engine bay clean up and fan shroud then buttoned everything back up.

Also I removed the upper stripe on the passenger side. I still need to get the sticky goo off yet.

1ba0f883ee73aa8b5e07efd1a9839d01.jpgd7cd3b967b93352314fac5c35c4f2bc4.jpgafdc734310ed7e0e8df5792400ddb85c.jpg223092018d58ad9b97ed5c5562425046.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We are pulling for ya! I understand that travel stuff. I've been to Canada and Texas already this week, going to Fairfeild California next week? Florida the week after, back to Atlanta after that then to U.K., Germany and Czech Republic. I'll be home late May I time for the Power Tour

I'm just curious what it is that you do?

Back