• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rapid Rabbit's 70 Stang

Another day, another hour of work on the car. I take what I can get at this point.

Added sealant to the heater tube threads. Played around with the belt routing for a bit.
I installed the upper intake and throttle body today, only to find I am missing another piece.
No throttle cable bracket. What have some of you with EFI used for the thottle cable and mounting bracket?
My stock throttle cable is not long enough. It hooks on but doesn't allow the throttle to close all the way.
Also missing the pvc grommet. At least that's an easy one.
IMAG0249.jpg

IMAG0250.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot off the UPS truck. :yah
Finally got my headers back from sanderson. It only took them 3 months. :rant
Now if I just get the little one to take a nap...............

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

Well I just couldn't wait. I am like a kid in a candy store when parts come.
I put shoes on the little girl and brought her out in the garage with me.

Looks like we have a winner. They seem to fit right and they clear the AOD and power steering.
Now I can finally get started on the flowmaster system I bought 7 months ago.

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0323.jpg

IMAG0325.jpg

They were very good about exchanging them even though I didn't buy them from them directly. Just a little slow. 3 months seems a little long and every time I called them I was told they were about to ship.

Oh well. Another piece of the puzzle. Maybe the car will see the light of day this summer .

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Sweet! :thu Which series Flowmasters did you get? I know some folks have complained about then droning. Honestly, that depends alot on which series mufflers they bought. My truck came with them and IIRC they were series 40's. I never had any droning problems, and they were pretty mellow at idle, just a little loud for my taste at cruise. When you got on it though...YOWWWW! You HEARD it! When I replaced them I went with 50's and LOVE them!

Keep us posted!

I bought a header back full system back in November. It came with super 44s . Same kit sluggo put on his car.

Putzed around on the car tonight.
I picked up an airfilter. Trying to see what will work. The stock tubing isn't pretty but its more flexible than the chrome tubing I tried first.
IMAG0343.jpg

Is it bad if the filter is kind of resting on the alternator?
IMAG0346.jpg

I got a throttle cable bracket today.
I am going to have to grind away a bit to clear the fuel pressure regulator. Deleting the EGR move the throttle body back a few inches.
To late tonight to run the Dremel.
IMAG0348.jpg

Well today was a hot one in the garage. 95 and humidity almost that high too. But I needed to get some work done. I spent a couple hours out there and was dripping by the time I was done. Yuk!
Didn't get much done either.
The engine is almost done now.
I just need to get the throttle cable yet, radiator hoses and wire the spark plugs. Run fuel lines. Install o2 sensors and exhaust.

I found the right size belt and got it installed along with the fan.
a6898a82-701d-2314.jpg

I changed out the rear valance. My original one was not a gt and the new exhaust has straight tips. It does need to be painted yet, but I Just wanted to get it on so I could start lining up the exhaust.
a6898a82-70ab-5086.jpg

"RapidRabbit" said:
Is it bad if the filter is kind of resting on the alternator?

I've got a similar air filter and it hits the alt. I haven't noticed any problems....but I can see a flat spot on the air filter where it hits.

That Trick Flow upper really hangs close to the shock tower. I had an oil leak at the rear of my lower, and swapped out to a Holley Systemax II to see how it performs...and it's does not nearly hang over the valve cover as much as the TF. I doubt if my export brace would work with the TF manifold.

With the Holley, I had to install the EGR elimantor plate for the throttle bracket. I found that I had to space out the throttle bracket to clear the hard lines for the heater core.

I noticed in one of the pics the mass air meter is clocked a little off. The position of the mass air meter will affect how the car runs. The flow in the pipe will be different across the pipe due to the bends. And it's enough to affect the performance of the motor. So, make sure that it's always at the same rotation. I used a stock bracket and reshaped it to bolt against the shock tower to hold the mass air meter.

It looking great!!

I was just messing around with the angle on the mass air sensor. nothing is tightened down yet. I will make sure it stays the same.

I know that I am going to have an issue with the trick flow intake. It came with the engine and I am already way over budget so its going to have stay.

Looking good! You're REALLY close now to hearing that baby run!

BTW, since I'm using the stock air box on mine, it mounts where the battery would go. As such it's in a little different angle than original and a little farther away. I was trying to figure out how to compensate for this and still look reasonably stock (other than stretching the tube farther, which I DIDN'T want to do!). I was looking at some pics on the web one night of several EFI installations when it hit me. Plumbing supply places sell black PVC pipe in different diameters and angles. I believe the stock tube diameter is right at 2". Just cut the hub off the end and tada, problem solved! I see you didn't use the little short connector hose between the MAF and filter, which means it should be laying around. You can use that to connect the pipe to the MAF and then install the filter over the other end of the pipe. That would allow you to move your filter off of and away from the alternator! Just a thought!

It almost looks like the belt is still a bit to long. Check the position of the tension pulley. I seem to remember them being a bit higher, requiring a shorter belt and would put more tension on the belt. Not enough and even a serpentine will squeal.

It is looking good though.

Back