• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Re-cleared the Boss

"daveSanborn" said:
index.php

whoa whoa whoa whoa wait up hang on just a minute.
Sluggo.. you told me you painted with your mankini which is why I agreed to have you work on my POS.

Do I have to go find someone else now?

and.. that car looks awesome. congrats on a job well done!!

"mustangstofear" said:
I love his lint free paint suit lol. Rich.

Yeah, in lieu of a disposable lint-free paint suit, Sluggo shoots himself with a coat of clear to prevent any debris from falling onto the car. Cheap AND effective. Paint suits are for sissy's.

Holy shart, I thought MY legs were white....yikes!

Nice job Randy, the car looks awesome from the pics.

Re: Re-cleared the Boss...update

Got it blocked and polished back up. Pics are right after the 3rd round of buffing. It still has a bit of haze on it from the glaze. I had to get it in the garage before the downpour came. (which was about 3 minutes after these pics)

Re-clearing it was a good idea. I'm much happier with the outcome.

I'll put the Boss stripes on Thursday and then wax the poo out of it.

"n_pieces" said:
LOOKS GREAT...

so after Thursday you'll be done?? :hide

Fingers crossed, I'll be real close. If I can get on it and stay on it I'll be done in two days.

This two real job thing is not helping too much.

"Sluggo" said:
Fingers crossed, I'll be real close. If I can get on it and stay on it I'll be done in two days.

Put on your big boy panties and suck it up......

"Sluggo" said:

You really should just have one. :D

"70_Fastback" said:
AWESOME!

And a new 'yota too?
"Sluggo" said:
Have not pulled the trigger on the truck yet. I'm about 90% there. Just need to talk myself into having a payment again.

"70_Fastback" said:
I'm thinking long and hard about a new full size F150, 4-door, 4x4...

I just got a 2010 F150 on Dec 31 (thought I'd get the best deal possible), I gotta say I love that friggin' thing...

Now it looks like there are even better deals to be had, not sure if it is a regional thing, but I think there is an additional 2K rebate this week beyond what I got when I bought mine.

My only possible regret is that I think the 5 liter might be avail soon in the F150. I have to say though, the 4.6 3V moves the truck nice, is rated to tow (I think) 9000+ lbs, and it gets great gas mileage.

Sorry for the minor hijack... Car looks incredible, glad you are happy with the respray.

"jtfx6552" said:
I just got a 2010 F150 on Dec 31 (thought I'd get the best deal possible), I gotta say I love that friggin' thing...

Now it looks like there are even better deals to be had, not sure if it is a regional thing, but I think there is an additional 2K rebate this week beyond what I got when I bought mine.

My only possible regret is that I think the 5 liter might be avail soon in the F150. I have to say though, the 4.6 3V moves the truck nice, is rated to tow (I think) 9000+ lbs, and it gets great gas mileage.

Sorry for the minor hijack... Car looks incredible, glad you are happy with the respray.

I did wind up buying a Tundra. I got the one in this pic. Both trucks were used and had 70k miles on them. I liked the blue one better. It was n 07 with 4.7 in it. I decided on the gray one because it had the 5.7 in it. It's also an 08 and it was cheaper than the 07.
index.php

"jtfx6552" said:

What kind of mileage with the 4.6?

"70_Fastback" said:
What kind of mileage with the 4.6?

Not sure how to quantify my driving, I'll call it country, it's not highway, and it's not city, typically I get about 15. This is a 4x4, full 4 door (Ford calls that a supercrew, I think?), 6.5" bed.

Back