• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Re-restoration in progress for some vintage racing

Mark, your car looks sweet!

What size are those tires. they look huge? 15x8 rims? I have always wondered what the advantage of the long wheel studs is?

One last question; what is the red button on the steering wheel?

Mark, your car looks sweet!

What size are those tires. they look huge? 15x8 rims? I have always wondered what the advantage of the long wheel studs is?

One last question; what is the red button on the steering wheel?

Tires are bias ply 6.00x15 on 15x7 wheels. The long wheel studs are rounded on the end which makes the wheel nuts easy to start. It's also a longer distance for the nut to come off should it loosen up.
Red button on wheel is push to talk com.

Dude. Your use of my sig pic is causing me anxiety. Seeing double is messing with the mind. Now I gotta switch mine.

And I liked my green POS!

Tires are bias ply 6.00x15 on 15x7 wheels. The long wheel studs are rounded on the end which makes the wheel nuts easy to start. It's also a longer distance for the nut to come off should it loosen up.
Red button on wheel is push to talk com.

Does the bias ply 6.0x15 equal a 225/60/15 tire? They just look huge and mean!

Don't know, never had that size. IIRC, the bias tire tread is 8" wide and the the tire is 25.5" tall. They are pretty big! Those tires are what you have to run in vintage classes. Goodyear Bluestreaks and Hoosier TD's

That is about the size of the 225/55/16 i have on the back of my car. Still on the 15"x 7' rims, right? Lot's of folks say a 7" wide rim is too narrow for a 225 tire, but most TW 200 tires have an 8.3" tread. No problem running a 7" wide rim on the track with 225/50/16?

That is about the size of the 225/55/16 i have on the back of my car. Still on the 15"x 7' rims, right? Lot's of folks say a 7" wide rim is too narrow for a 225 tire, but most TW 200 tires have an 8.3" tread. No problem running a 7" wide rim on the track with 225/50/16?

No problem since I added the panhard bar! Yes, 7" rims.

Back