• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Really low front end..12"

I thought I would start a new thread concerning my low front end. In a recent thread, I was concerned about a 1" height difference, and I still am, but in this thread, I'm even more concerned about a low front end.

I bought all new front end components, including coil springs.

The coil springs are from Mustangs Unlimited and are described as:

"Our coil springs are designed for specific applications, not "one size fits all." Coil springs rated at 235 lbs./in. Sold as a matched PAIR with stock spring rates. The OD is 5" and the ID is 4".These coil springs come with a black painted finish. Item #CS8090 01
Application:
1965 260 w/ air
1965-1966 289 w/ or w/o air."

I did do the Arning drop. Are these springs too weak? I measured the center of wheel to wheel opening arch at 12". REAL low compared to others. I was thinking I should have 14"-15" at least. Although I have not felt or noticed tire rubbing, just looking at the geometry, turning and a slight bump and there will be contact.

Can anyone tell me if my spring selection was way off? I have a "stock" 65 Conv 289, and currently without air.

Back