• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Recommendations for a restoration shop in MN

n1kki6

All,

I posted a year or two back about picking up a 70 mach 1 from my parents, it was just sitting in the garage. The car was drivable and at the time I had some free time to start some projects to get it back on the road reliably. I fixed brake line leaks, replaced calipers, pads, slave cylinder, shocks, rear leafs, and some misc. Car was driving well until end of last season when I was out for a drive, went over some train tracks and something popped and the top of the front driver wheel is now leaning in about an inch or two, ball joints maybe?

I had new perches and front springs and shocks ready to go in but let it go for the winter. I am not going to have time to get to it this summer, but want to get the car back on the road and I am looking to do quite a few things.

Right now it has a 351 cobra jet in it from a 71 cougar I believe. I have the 351 Windsor that was in it, and I want that rebuilt. The transmission needs work, I believe it's a c4, but it's an auto and if possible I would like to get a manual transmission, looks like the engine bay has mounting for it, but firewall might need to be drilled and some interior fabrication, otherwise, I would stick with the auto and look for a rebuild or new tranny. I need the front suspension installed, a quality alignment. I also want a reliable power steering kit installed.

Essentially I am trying to get it back on the road, and fun to drive rather than a reliability. I don't have unlimited funds but money isn't necessarly a problem but I do have a realistic budget.

I called three classic restoration shops in the MN metro and surrounding suburbs, had to leave voice mails at all three, never received a call back. Upon calling back two days later I was prompted with another voicemail at each.

I decided I would ask the forum what direction I should take. It doesn't all need to be completed by the same shop, but I would like to enjoy it at some point this season.

Does anyone have recommendations of who I could contact.

Thanks,

Mike

Back