• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Remote electric cutouts

RagTop

Old Grumpy
My '69 vert already has manual cutouts that I had installed many years ago. They are 2" cutouts and almost nobody makes electric 2" units. I love the noise that these cutouts make as they are immediately behind the collectors, but I'm getting too old to climb under the car with a wrench and I'd like to be able to shut them off from behind the wheel when the "man" is near. I went on Amazon and found a set of 2" electric remote cutouts with turndowns, Y pipes and wiring harness, for $175. I actually don't need the Y pipes since they are already on my car. The seller is Glkylin, whoever that is, but they are much cheaper than the QTP cutouts and the only 2" units I can find. I do have QTP low profile electric remote cutouts on my '09 Corvette and I love them, but they cost me $800 installed and I'm not willing to spend that much for these puny little 2"ers. Anyone have any experience with this company or with electric cutouts in general?

That's for a single cutout @ $45 plus about $40 in shipping. So two of them would be about $170 delivered. I guess I'll eat the $5. Meantime, any experience with these or other remote electric cutouts? I know that QTP is a dependable product, but they don't seem to make a 2" version and I don't want to pay $350 for their set plus having to modify my existing flanges to 2.25" or 2.5".

I had the Chinese electric remote cutouts installed today at my favorite local exhaust shop and, wow, do they work! Turned out that my existing 2" flanges didn't line up with the ones on the cutouts, so the muffler guy had to cut the existing ones off and weld up the flanges that he cut off of the splitters. The only complaint is that the remote required an unusual battery and the manufacturer shipped it without the battery. A stop at Batteries + Bulbs and an additional $5 solved that problem. The whole set was made of stainless steel, which is surprising at the price, and the shutters operated without a hitch. I can now go from rumbly Mustang with cam to ear splitting roar in a press of a button. Very cool.

Eh, that would be me :D, or the kid across the street who has some sort of BMW coupe with straight exhaust pipes. He leaves for work every weekday morning at about 7:10 am. Ask me how I know:mad:. Someone is going to get a couple of potatoes up his exhaust pipes.

Back