• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Repainting garage floor.

Here's the beauty of an epoxy floor.
7 years and 4 mustang rebuilds, epoxy primer, basecoat, clearcoat overspray, bondo drops, welding, grinding, etc.

Before full clean.
62c4ec49-d921-c968.jpg

After a couple hours with a floor buffer, half a gallon of simple green and a water hose.
62c4ec49-d97c-b8c4.jpg

Going to sand it with 100 grit on the buffer and it will be ready to repaint.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine doing that to my garage...where could I put all of my stuff? And it would take 5 solid days to move everything out!

"Midlife" said:
I can't imagine doing that to my garage...where could I put all of my stuff? And it would take 5 solid days to move everything out!

Me too. But, I would love to do it though.
Bill

"Midlife" said:

That was the worst part. The clone finally went away and I have my car at work, so I just had to move all the other junk.

"67 Fastback" said:
Me too. But, I would love to do it though.
Bill

Well Bill, why don't you just come on over to Tucson and I'll oblige your request, I'll let you clear my stuff out and epoxy coat my garage anytime!

"ZFORCE" said:
Well Bill, why don't you just come on over to Tucson and I'll oblige your request, I'll let you clear my stuff out and epoxy coat my garage anytime!

Only if you come to Ky and do mine :thu
Bill

Yes, definitley better top coated than not. I have always used the Sherwin Williams epoxy low VOC coatings. I did come back and clean and re-topcoat one of my garage floors some time back. The original coat makes a great base and it covered much more quickly the second time around.

I would be hesitant to topcoat with a different product unless they were very similar in composition. And yes, I truly believe solvent based products are much better in durability than their water based counterparts

Got it done finally and picked up some new cabinets. Probably add some wall cabinets and another tall floor cabinet later. Hope to be able to put most of my stuff out of sight.

I think I'll have a blue oval floor graphic made, then get some crap on the walls.

62c4ec49-d9ab-db95.jpg

62c4ec49-d9cf-2fd5.jpg

62c4ec49-d9e6-b51b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Repainting garage floor.

"miketyler" said:
Damn slick - that was a water based product?
No. 100% solids epoxy. No clear coat.

Nice! I'm so doing this if we ever get out of this house and into another one. I'm not sinking any more money and time in this place if I don't have to.

Back