• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Replaced the starter on the F250

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
I bought a new starter from Rock Auto right before I broke my ankle. Been itching to get it swapped out since! Finally decided I was getting along well enough to crawl around under the truck, so I went to work after PT today.

The new starter is a TYC brand part # 17578 and is a gear reduction type.

All I can say is WOW what a difference! It's not like the factory starter was shot, but it was cranking slow over the winter and with 150K on the clock, figured I'd swap it out. This new starter spins the 7.3L over twice as fast and it starts a whole lot quicker.

IIRC, it was $120 and only took a couple hours, taking my time and walking slow! Pretty easy when you don't have to jack the truck up any higher.

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
"70 StangMan" said:
:wop

Now crawl back under there and take some pic's ....slacker.

Screw that, i'm not going back under there unless something breaks. I think I'll go relax in the pool...with a beer.

msell66

The party’s over
Donator
The truck never breaks down, I replace parts before they break on big red.

Mark

Sent from my semi-smart phone

Horseplay

I Don't Care. Do you?
Donator
"msell66" said:
The truck never breaks down, I replace parts before they break on big red
Yeah, that won't jinx you or anything. And it's not like you need help with bad luck

kb3

"msell66" said:
I bought a new starter from Rock Auto right before I broke my ankle. Been itching to get it swapped out since! Finally decided I was getting along well enough to crawl around under the truck, so I went to work after PT today.

You think a guy with his reputation would spell out physical therapy each time instead of using the initials. Every time I read his posts with PT in them I laugh just a little.......

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Isn't your PT to chase after a PT? Cruiser, not therapist...