• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Riddle me this batman

I havent pulled out the schematics yet, thought I'd post it up first. I thought one of my rear interior lights was burnt out, but for some reason it comes on when the headlights are on, noticed this last night when I was aiming the headlights. So, three of the four interior lights work when the doors are opened or when they are turned on with the headlight switch, as designed. The fourth light, Driver side rear interior panel light comes on with the headlights..... :wtf

Do you think this is a new development?
Or just that you noticed it for the first time and maybe it's always been that way?

First thought is that somebody simply tied that lite into the taillite wire rather than the turn signal wire.

Doesn't sound like something that would have just started.

I think you might be right Joe. I bet thats what I did, there are two connectors there IIRC. I guess I just used the wrong one. I swear both rear lights worked at one point. I dont think the shop would have had them out. Hopefully I can fish out the other connector without pulling the whole panel, and the seat..... Although I need to pull the seat to change the rear shocks. Hmmm

yeah that's a pretty big job in our years of fastbacks.
IIRC though, don't you just have to pull the small panel by the trap door to pull the shocks?

I think if I pull the seat bottom I can access them. I think they are actually under the bottom edge of the seat back (middle section).

Doesnt the middle piece have to come out before the rear piece will slide in?

Whoa; your shock mounts are under your seat? That sucks. My 70 is accessible (though a PITA) through the trunk.

"70_Fastback" said:
Whoa; your shock mounts are under your seat? That sucks. My 70 is accessible (though a PITA) through the trunk.
how often are you accessing the shock mounts?

Back