• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Road Trip America

KBMWRS

Welcome truth back
Donator
So I’ll be off on a road trip soon (house will be occupied with family and Doberman)….On June 4th I’ll be driving in my 2016 Corvette to Colorado Springs to pick up my wife (visiting sister) and then we will continue across the US. Our main goal is to visit the Corvette factory and museum in Bowling Green. And yes I know the factory tours end on June 16th. And then to parts further east and north.

Well on the way I’ll be posting pics and visiting some StangFix members. First up will be MrGEM in Colorado. Also lined up in my sights is Tarrafied1 in Kentucky. And of course we’ll be visiting Vinny and Toni in North Carolina. So if any of you want a visit and if we’re in the neighborhood we just might be ringing your doorbell. Send me a PM with your address. Msell66 might get a brown bag on his doorstep, ya never know.

Mike

'Mikes power tour'? You might post the main cities you'll be passing through to give a better idea of route.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

'Mikes power tour'? You might post the main cities you'll be passing through to give a better idea of route.

Only for sure towns.....Golden CO, Colorado Springs CO, Bowling Green KY, Fuquay Varina NC.

Then probably north towards Maine.

We have to be back in CA in August.

Friday the 16th the Power Tour will be in Bowling Green all day. Larry and his wife Sherri and Jerry and Carla are spending the night at our house that night. Terry and Pat are probably spending the night in BG. You could see a bunch of fixers that weekend.

Friday the 16th the Power Tour will be in Bowling Green all day. Larry and his wife Sherri and Jerry and Carla are spending the night at our house that night. Terry and Pat are probably spending the night in BG. You could see a bunch of fixers that weekend.

Looks like I'll be there. I'll call you when we get in.

Hey we need to hang out one day. We're only 3 hours from each other.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm not going to be in bowling Green. I'm planning on heading home from Indy on Friday.

Mike, if you get up to my neck of the woods let me know. I'll get you my new address and buy you a drink.

We'll leave the boat at home this time. Unless you want to go swimming again.

safe journey my friend. if you get into virginia, go up to shenandoah national park and stay at big meadows lodge. i used to work there for nine seasons.

to get there, roll into harrisonburg, va. and go east on route 33 and follow the signs.

safe journey my friend. if you get into virginia, go up to shenandoah national park and stay at big meadows lodge. i used to work there for nine seasons.

to get there, roll into harrisonburg, va. and go east on route 33 and follow the signs.

Now that's the type of travel advice I'm looking for. I'll look into it.

be aware though, it is a rustic setting. most of the buildings are log construction from the 1930s. if you can try to stay in the main lodge in rooms 1-6. they overlook the shenandoah valley and is an interesting sight at night, especially in the early morning around 2am. you can actually see car headlights going through the town of stanley.

Well we were going to Texas BUT>>>> sister had her hip replaced in Colorado Springs (that's where i'm picking up the wife) and then the Corvette plant announced they were closing for 18 months so we are hightailing it to Bowling Green direct. No Texas this trip....And I was heading to Lockhart for BBQ too.

Lame!

Maybe I'll see you sometime on your way back to CA, since I'll be in the area in late July through early August :p

Back