• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rob's befor and after pics

Rob Z

Some have asked to see some pics of my project and how their help has paid off.

First - THANK YOU to everyone for you answers, support, comments and moral support in this project so far and going forward
:) :) :) :) :)

The details of the car - 1970 Coupe. I purchased off Craigslist for $850 delivered. The engine was out, but had been rebuilt. New interior and never wrecked. There were and are many large hail hits on the body. All the original exterior trim was on the car and in good condition.

My plan was to get it back on the road as my daily driver. Just the basics and for as little as possible. I did plan to go with if I touch it I will fix it and put it right. This way I'm not revisiting something over and over.

I started by removing the entire front suspension, which led to the stearing, the doors, the fenders, etc etc. Anyway, As I get to milestons I'll post some befor and afters to share the progress.

First set are befor and after cleanup of the engine compartment. I de-rusted everything I could, everywhere else I used a rust converter and sealer. Befor you ask, YES it is setting on a hand dolley to move it around as the front suspension is still off :craz

Befor. About 3 weekends ago.
4593647463_67642a4f13.jpg

As of this Afternoon
4593647079_3a89ab3064.jpg

Stay tuned for more from the wonderful world of Rob's garage :coo

looking good! Just one word of advise... weld up that hole in the shock tower before it cracks. Stangs are notorious for cracked shock towers and the torched hole for easy grease fitting access is quite common.

"tarafied1" said:
looking good! Just one word of advise... weld up that hole in the shock tower before it cracks. Stangs are notorious for cracked shock towers and the torched hole for easy grease fitting access is quite common.

Thanks, did not know that. Will do.

Man I love this site :)

"tarafied1" said:
looking good! Just one word of advise... weld up that hole in the shock tower before it cracks.

Spent some quality time with the welder. How does it look now :)
4610634898_48913a078d.jpg

Getting closer :ecit

Put the engine and trans in this weekend. Still a long way to go, but it's almost a car :ecit

That's my Son posing by the Mustang, Wishing that Dad will give it to him on his 16th birthday.

It's nice to have dreams :craz

4641971163_fa369df5c6.jpg

Back