• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

rocker panel area metal

Fst Blk

Looking for the inner rocker panel area between the door and rear wheel well. On my 67 FB it is the area where the sail panel drain runs through. The front lower portion of the quarter panel spot welds to it. I particularly need the passenger side and wouldn't be oppose to the driver side also. I don't want to replace the whole rocker or buy a whole rocker to get this metal.

I'm not sure what cars have the drain hole, but if the metal is good, I can always cut a drain tube hole if it doesn't have one.

If someone has a parts car and doesn't need this metal, LMK.

Bill

"tarafied1" said:
do you have a picture of the area?
my buddy with the 65 might have what you need

1399341469_zps7dd162e1.jpg

1399341479_zps4f57e36a.jpg

My outer wheel well has been removed, but you get the idea of what I need.

Bill

okay, that's not what I was thinking but it helps. I will see what he has. He wants to trade parts for the 69 roof so if he has some decent rockers I will get them.

If you can't find any good used ones, the perhaps you can do what I did for my '65 El Camino...
I think the same method would work on your Mustang too since the rocker profile is pretty uniform front to back...

I cut a full rocker in half and modified the front half so that it would work on the drivers side rear.
rocker_1.jpg

Masked the are where I needed to form the end that meets the wheel well opening.

rocker_2.jpg

Manually transcribed the outline using the pre formed side as a reference. dotted lines represent where the tab needs to be bent.

rocker_3.jpg

Rough cut them with a good jigsaw and a bimetal blade.

rocker_4.jpg

I made a small buck out of a piece of delrin to help support the backside while hammering the shape at the end.

rocker_5.jpg

rocker_6.jpg

The vent holes where drilled (two holes) then using a die grinder with a burr, formed the slots.

rocker_7.jpg

Back