• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rotted66 Build

rotted66

Just picked up this beauty a couple of days ago, going to start with cleaning it back to bare metal and replacing what needs it starting with the engine bay.

Attachments

• 667.JPG
    667.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 204
  • 665.JPG
    665.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 664.JPG
    664.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 66-6.JPG
    66-6.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 661.JPG
    661.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 181
well i have an 8.8 to put in it, as well as a T5, i want to smooth the firewall and add little more horses under the hood maybe a 408.

Will you track it or just street? There are lots of mods you can do to make it handle really well!

more street then track but i want to hit up both for sure, i have all new front disc with slotted rotors for up front and then the stock disc on the 8.8. Other then that i will probley just stick with the stock set up

Take your time to prep the body.
Also consider to reinforce some areas such as the shock tower.

As Bruno said, when the car is stripped is the time to go through all the panels and add some beads for strengthening. Think about adding roller perches, adj strut rods, camber kit, roller idler, good shocks, new 4 1/2 -5 leaf springs (or build your own ala John @ ORP). Lots more......

i have plates already made up for my shocktowers to reinforce them, i will be making my subframe conn as soon as i get the floors done. As far as strut rods, and perches etc go i have all new already so i plan on using them as least to start with, but i do have new 5 leaf springs :yah

Do some searching in the track section, you may change your mind on some items. Better to see the options now vs replacing them later. Use the rest of us, we've all been there done that. If you really want a car that will make your eyes pop out going around corners and stopping, call John at ORP or Shaun at Street or Track. Both are very knowledgable and have track tested what they sell. Peruse my cheesy Cardomain site and see what I did to get my car to go, stop and turn. Don't pay any attention to the haters here that'll tell you sad stories of blown motors...it's a lie I tell ya!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/667160/1966-ford-mustang/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUXx-a8Bt5U

"silverblueBP" said:
Don't pay any attention to the haters here that'll tell you sad stories of blown motors...it's a lie I tell ya!

"The lady (househusband) doth protest too much, methinks."

"Midlife" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
Don't pay any attention to the haters here that'll tell you sad stories of blown motors...it's a lie I tell ya!

"The lady (househusband) doth protest too much, methinks."

I know nothing of what you speak.

Slow going so far only a couple hours invested. Preped that area now to make a patch and burn it in. Vacuumed about three pounds of crap out of the rail, nice and clean now

Attachments

• 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • 66.jpg
    66.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 27
"rotted66" said:
What an awful time to start on a car, we are having the hottest week of the year here in St. Louis

Your telling me...Its been hot as crap here in nashville and im using a crappy 90 watt welder...My welds look like trash

"JRANGER" said:
"rotted66" said:
What an awful time to start on a car, we are having the hottest week of the year here in St. Louis

Your telling me...Its been hot as crap here in nashville and im using a crappy 90 watt welder...My welds look like trash
The heat hasn't been as much of a factor as the humidity IMHO... but we have some relief this week (in Kentucky)

"tarafied1" said:
"JRANGER" said:
"rotted66" said:

The heat hasn't been as much of a factor as the humidity IMHO... but we have some relief this week (in Kentucky)

Your right on! this :cens humidity is the worst!

Another hour in the garage tonight made the main patch and a reinforcement piece, threw some paint on the back will burn them in tomorrow night

Attachments

• 55.jpg
    55.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • 56.jpg
    56.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg