• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rotted66 Build

Got the main patch welded in was harder then I thought not a lot of room for a mig gun to move around in, had to look down the top of the shock tower just to see when I welded the front in. Also cut out the rott in the fender apron and got a patch made and will tac it in tonight.

You're going to patch up those holes in the towers someone cut for access to grease fittings too, right?

"Horseplay" said:
You're going to patch up those holes in the towers someone cut for access to grease fittings too, right?

For sure I wanna match the gauge of the metal for that fix and I don't have it.

:rant

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 27
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    432 KB · Views: 16
With highschool hockey finally coming to a close i found some time to step in the garage
I cut out the bad sections in the front frame and crossmember and sprayed some rust inhibitor inside, i made the patches out of 14 ga sheet metal i think that should be thick enough. I will square the holes up and trim the patches and burn them in.

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 20
Cut out bad area and made the patch, couple more areas to cut out and make the patches so I can weld it all at once

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    785.9 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    695.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    946.2 KB · Views: 28
Back