• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Running out of parts = more storage space

sigtauenus

I disassembled my car about 5 years ago. Windshield and back glass went in a bedroom closet behind clothes, fenders and doors were stacked on the rear wall of the garage, interior fiberglass and seats up in the attic, baggies and baggies of bolts and baggies of parts on various shelves and cabinets.

As I wind down the assembly of the car, and all the glass is in, the sheetmetal is all together, all the fiberglass is installed, the fold down seat is in, front seats are in, I find that I have less and less "stuff" sitting around taking up space. Many of the new parts I've been carrying around with me new in the box for 8 or 10 years. Its nice to empty a box, install the parts, and free up that space. Its also nice to see a regular supply of boxes sitting on the curb on trash day. For some reason I still hung onto a few of the NOS boxes. Not sure why. They need to go too.

I have a lot of stuff still left over that I need to sell. Ugh, not looking forward to that at all. I'm half tempted to put it all out on a vendor spot at the MCA show in a few weeks.

I know the feeling....I've put the drivetrain into my car and already I have a tonne more room in my workshop...Still have a big stack of boxes in my office but they'll be there for another while yet.

What parts are you offering up for sale?

Cant wait to get my 65 back together.... I've got a 35X40 area filled with the parts spread out.... The car has been apart for 18 years.... I've hung and unhung the body panels so many times over the years to work on it or make room.... Be nice to finally wrap it up and give the garage a good cleaning for good!(until the 69 starts the process over again..)

Lol, that made me remember the time over 20 years ago before I had a garage. I had a 68.5 R-code in a shed trying to make it driveable. I kept the 428 block in my bedroom until it was time to rebuild it. No wonder I'm divorced from my first wife.

"sigtauenus" said:
For some reason I still hung onto a few of the NOS boxes. Not sure why. They need to go too.

I'm looking for some good NOS boxes, are they FORD tooling? :craz

I could have delayed disassembling my car for a month and made more storage shelves, hooks, space and it would have made my work a lot easier but it would have been just another delay before starting. I'm just glad I had my shed done before I started teardown.
Jon

Back