1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Rusty's 1965 A code restomod coupe build, 20+ years in the making!

Discussion in 'Member's Build Threads' started by rusty1161, Apr 27, 2017.

1. rusty1161

rusty1161 New Member

Nothing earth shattering here. Finally cut the extra ears off my Contour fans and mocked up with the 24" radiator. [​IMG] Next is a Home Depot/Lowes run for 1/2"X 1/2" aluminum angle and hardware to mount the fan to the radiator, trim the radiator opening and mount the controller.

I have about 500 more parts to install, including the engine to get this thing back on the road.

Rusty

Attached Files:

RapidRabbit, Boom and Grabber70Mach like this.
  2. rusty1161

rusty1161 New Member

I finally got around to mocking up my CVF Racing serpentine conversion. My whole build is a 20 plus year endeavor, between trying to remember where I left off, to adding the Classic Auto Air system.

Anyway, this mockup was going great, until I got to the alternator mount. My original plan was to use a GM 10SI that I modified 20 years ago. CVF sell an adaptor kit that addresses this so with all parts in hand I installed everything. Well, the spacer/adapter was 1/2" short. One phone call to CVF to verify the part and the correct one is on it's way to my, no charge. I can't ask for anything more. They will get my recommendation and business for a quality product and even better customer service and support. Thank you CVF Racing.

I will post more pics once I have it all installed and mocked up.

Rusty

Attached Files:

3. 6t6red

6t6red Well-Known Member

Looks great. The beer came in the kit too?

4. rusty1161

rusty1161 New Member

That would have been perfect, especially how hot it's been lately.

Rusty

5. rusty1161

rusty1161 New Member

Update. I called and sorted out the issue on Wednesday 8/30 at 10:00am PST, I had tracking info that afternoon and the part showed up Friday, 9/1 all the way from Minnesota.

I got home from work this morning and finished mocking it up. Pretty sweet setup! I like it a lot and look forward to buttoning this up and getting it on the road.

Thank you, again CVF Racing!

Rusty

Attached Files:

Grabber70Mach likes this.
  6. rusty1161

rusty1161 New Member

IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0109.JPG So I thought I would add another pic or two for those that are considering Speedhut gauges. I took advantage of the Labor Day sale and bought the four 2-1/16" gauges for my bezel. My main reason for doing them now was so I didn't need to redo any wiring later. I still have the AAW harness going in and this way I can get th dash done the first time, hopefully.

I have attached the pic with the VDO gauges and Speedhut 4" dual speedo/tach and a pic with all Speedhut gauges. I really like how they look and can't wait to get this thing running!

Rusty