• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sad Family day

janschutz

Corn Hauler
Friday, we put my Dad in a elder care facility. He had become too much for my 87 year old Mom to care for my herself. Even with Julie and I (both in our 60s), be could barely manage his needs. It is tough see you parents decline like this.

That's tough. It's not an easy choice.

My dad passed at 69 and my mom is only 71 so I've got a few years yet. Although she has been falling a lot. She fell and Broke her arm last week will visiting family in Illinois.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

My Dad is 88, some days he is here mentally, some days not. When he is not, he can be a real Jerk. Physically, he can not take care of himself, That is the main reason for the elder care. Elder care is one expensive hotel. Reminds me of Highway to Heaven, "you can check in but you can never leave".

Yes it is sad, but the way of life. We went through this with our parents and now it has begun with my siblings spouses. All we can do is cope with the problems as best we can. God bless.

Back