• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sad news! War takes Fixer!

Congressman Rigel had Sam's car picked up at the house and taken to his Ford dealership. They got the car running and said they need a couple more parts. Should be a good driver for Casey with the standard 68 seat risers and the fox body seats. Sam hit the headliner. Leaving around 0530 for the service in Florida. Upon return, should be able to get some news out about a service in Fuquay Varina, NC around the 20th/21st. I can provide a selection of pictures to use for the shirt if interested. Just gotta figure out how to get them on here. Dad

Thank you so much for the update.

"Sam Griffith" said:
Congressman Rigel had Sam's car picked up at the house and taken to his Ford dealership. They got the car running and said they need a couple more parts. Should be a good driver for Casey with the standard 68 seat risers and the fox body seats. Sam hit the headliner. Leaving around 0530 for the service in Florida. Upon return, should be able to get some news out about a service in Fuquay Varina, NC around the 20th/21st. I can provide a selection of pictures to use for the shirt if interested. Just gotta figure out how to get them on here. Dad

I was up making the kids breakfast this morning as we are heading out for a trip shortly. Of course I have the local news on. Suddenly I look up and see Sam's mustang on my TV screen. I stopped what I was doing and watched the story. My son saw me and looked at the TV. "Wow, that's a nice mustang." That gave me the right time to tell him about Sam and how he loved Mutangs and he was a Marine that died fighting the good fight. RIP Sam. I thought you all would like to see the story. I just wish we were in town this weekend for the gathering.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/10622460/

and here is the story if you'd rather read.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10622389/

Although it was under sad circumstances, it was an honor to be a part of the celebration of Sam's life. It's clear Sam made this world a better place by all the people he touched during his short time on this earth. A few of us were lucky enough to share in the celebration with his family and friends.
Thanks go out to Sam Sr. for letting us know about this event. We will keep your family in our prayers and hearts.
I personally have to thank Duane. I had given up hope that I could make it but he made the trip possible. Toni and Vince opened up their home for us afterwards and truly are a blessing to be around. If you haven't spent time with them, you really need to.
As always it was great to see Dave and his wife Gabby. It was also great to meet Ron. I really must make the effort to join these guys for MBBV.
This small group of Stangfixer's represent the the awesome family like feeling Sam was so importantly a part of on StangFix.
God speed Sam
72-210112191002.jpeg

72-210112190835.jpeg

Craig, it was my pleasure hanging out with you. Glad you could make it. I will simply echo what Craig said. Nice service, thanks to Sam Sr., and an honor to be a part of it. All of you guys/gals here were represented. Vinn and Toni, thanks for your hospitality. I think if I spent more than 3 hrs with you guys I'd blow my guts laughing and yes people, the pink broom is real. Dave, Gabby, and Ron, great to see you again. RIP Major Sam and God Bless your family. The sacrifice will never be forgotten.

It was clear, as Craig said, that Sam had a profound impact on many, many lives in the short time he was here. Although I didn't know him personally, friendships made through this forum allow us all I think to feel as though we are part of a big family. Yesterday's service was very enlightening and certainly emotional. I was very proud to be there and also proud to be part of the small contingent of Stangfixers to represent the forum. What a great group of folks to show all of our respect to one of our fallen. I wish we could have gotten together under different circumstances however. This really is a group of great folks. Godspeed Sam. We are forever grateful for your sacrifice.

I know its already been said, but thanks for representing all us that couldn't make it. I would have liked to attend, but there was no way I could have.

It is hard to believe that a year has passed since Sam was killed in action in service to his country. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this upcoming Holiday season.

R.I.P. Sam

"70 StangMan" said:
It is hard to believe that a year has passed since Sam was killed in action in service to his country. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this upcoming Holiday season.

R.I.P. Sam

As I put my WE gift together I thought about Sam. I too find it hard to believe it's been that long. I'm with you Dale, I pray for them as well.

I didn't know Sam personally. But I think about him everytime I see the ornament on my tree from last year.

Back