• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Salmon factory sealed but kind of old 2 years

copasspupil

Donator
What to do with it? Smoked salmon, salmon nuggets, jerky or something else with it?????

Also have some ling cod?

Yes to all! nuggets, smoked, jerky, or even cedar plank BBQ for it.

The ling cod is such a great fish. I would just soak in Italian salad dressing and then grill it until it is done the way you like it. I like mine what people would call over done. then flake it and make fish tacos. Homemade tartar sauce and corn tortillas with some chopped cabbage and yummy!

Mel

Dan,
How much do you have? That would help decide which way to go. Jerky takes a lot of raw fish. Depending on how much you have, I'd smoke it into filet's.

Mel,
The wife is out on a boat as I type, going after ling cod, rock cod and dungi crabs. I'm doing some sort of cod taco tomorrow from a recent fishing excursion.

Dan,
Having that much salmon, you could divide it into a couple different end products. Just depends on what you and the family enjoy snaking on the most. 5-7 lbs would give you 1 - 1.5 lbs of jerky. A heck of a lot of work and time, but to me it's worth it.

My second favorite is the nuggets. So easy to snack on. A perfect finger food.

I haven't dabbled much in smoking cod so I can't suggest much (Cod Lox?) more that make a bunch of Ling Cod taco's.

I bet a wood like pecan would smoke that cod well.

I told Amber about your long cod and she got a twinkle in her eye and said, "I'll bet smoked long cod is awesome, and you KNOW how much I like long cod!"

I think I need to order up some.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Back