• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seat base

Gene J

OK. So I am taking out the drivers seat in the Mustang. I lose a socket in the floor which is two sections of metal welded together.

No problem right? I must have done that dozens of times over the years. Just get a wire coat hanger, bend it to fit and fish the socket out. Wire coat hanger? There isn't one to be had in the entire house!

Darn 21st century....

they are great for cleaning the calcium deposits out from under some plumbing fixtures too! The bad part is they are not in any stores either.

I was cleaning out my garage the other day and found a wire hanger. Almost threw it out. Then realized they are hard to find and I better keep it.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I was cleaning out my garage the other day and found a wire hanger. Almost threw it out. Then realized they are hard to find and I better keep it.
an unmolested original could bring serious cash on eBay!

That's what I'm thinking. I just found a whole bag of them in the basement too. The Wife was going to use them for a rummage sale! I'm gonna be rich!

"RapidRabbit" said:
That's what I'm thinking. I just found a whole bag of them in the basement too. The Wife was going to use them for a rummage sale! I'm gonna be rich!
dude, it's like you won the lottery or something! don't forget us little people

we've almost come to blows a few times in my house over wire hangers. steph tries to throw them away, but i use them to hang small parts with when i'm painting. i've got her convinced to save them, but i had better get them out of the house asap!

"tarafied1" said:
dude, it's like you won the lottery or something! don't forget us little people

Well then, I can retire in luxury!

Back