• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Seat pan location

Johnny M

I am in the process of modifying my seat pans but i do not know where the original location is due to a new floor pan.

Is it a case that they just line up over the bolt holes in the floor pan or is there a measurement from the transmission shifter opening??

Thanks,

Johnny

P.S its a 67 FB

Johnny,

Line 'em up over the bolt holes and you'll be fine. If you're over 6', try and position the riser as far rearward as possible while still allowing access for the bolts through the floor pan. That 1/2 inch of extra leg room will come in handy and it won't effect the carpet installation.

"daveSanborn" said:
Johnny,

Line 'em up over the bolt holes and you'll be fine. If you're over 6', try and position the riser as far rearward as possible while still allowing access for the bolts through the floor pan. That 1/2 inch of extra leg room will come in handy and it won't effect the carpet installation.

Thanks Dave. I am going to move them back and inch or two and start chopping them up to lower them this weekend.

Not caring about any poor souls that might venture into the backseat of my Coupe, I actually took a hole saw and drilled new bolt access holes about 3" back... then took the slugs and welded them into the original holes...

I'll have plenty of room!

LOL, 6'2"... least I used to be....
I moved my wifes Vert seat pan back as far as I could and still gain access to the seat bolts. Still a little short for me, so while I was replacing the pans/risers on my Coupe I decided to go further.... that's what happens when you have too much time on your hands....

"midpack" said:
LOL, 6'2"... least I used to be....
I moved my wifes Vert seat pan back as far as I could and still gain access to the seat bolts. Still a little short for me, so while I was replacing the pans/risers on my Coupe I decided to go further.... that's what happens when you have too much time on your hands....

BTW.... It's good to see you again.

Back