• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sept 30th Track Day video

A

Anonymous

Here's a couple of laps around the 2.1 mile course at Heartland Park from last Wed Touring Club day.
The Camaro was just off the showroom floor with only 800 miles on the clock. I caught him several times, but wouldn't give a point by, so I'd back off and run him down again! It actually was fun and got me to run my fastest lap times to date (1:39).

(for Pete)

I have a 7,200 rpm chip that actually cuts in at 7,000-7,050rpm. I'm bumping the limiter at the end of the inside concrete wall on the front straight and then just short of the limiter on the first section of the back straight. Running a 4.11 rear gear with that limiter chip the top speed is between 118-120mph.

HPT 93009

Good video. That Camaro looked HUGE out there. It almost looked like he was driving a different track than you were with the lines he had.

Thanks for the speed info. It just looks slower on the video with no indicators picked up in the peripheral vision as when actually in the vehicle.

It is amazing how video really makes stuff looks slower.

I'm not impressed with the new Camaro, it's big, bulky and a pig with a shipping weight of 3856 lbs, HP of 426@5900, Torque of 400 @4600 and a 376 V8. I'm not sure what he was doing, but his lines were not any I've seen before :yikes

Looks like that camaro dusted you on the straight aways. Im now convinced you call racing what the rest of us call following! :dumas

"lethal289" said:
Looks like that camaro dusted you on the straight aways. Im now convinced you call racing what the rest of us call following! :dumas

Figures you'd see it that way. BTW, when was the last time you "DROVE" your car? I don't mean in & out of the garage!

Snot racing, it's open track douchebag. Racing is what guys with bigger jewels than me do :nice

"silverblueBP" said:
What are you laughing at :bike boy.

At least I don't post videos of me NOT passing someone......... :toot
"silverblueBP" said:
Snot racing,

.....................coming soon to a track near you.

Here I thought you'd like the Camaro better than watching me pass a bunch of slower cars....who knew??

"silverblueBP" said:
when was the last time you "DROVE" your car?

Actually, ive driven it frequently just not more then a few miles at a time. Like you, i put about 4 miles on it over the weekend. :dumas

Seriously though mark, Its an impressive Video. And the car sounds awesome.

"lethal289" said:
Actually, ive driven it frequently just not more then a few miles at a time. Like you, i put about 4 miles on it over the weekend. :dumas

Thank god I wasn't taking a drink :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Just so we are all on the same definition of pass.....as from Websters....

3 a : to move in a path so as to approach and continue beyond something : move past; especially : to move past another vehicle going in the same direction

Crap, I passed a BMW, what'd you want???

Please don't make me upload more video just so you can see a pass, can't you go out and pass another trike with your trike?

What's with the change of elevation along the track? I thought Kansas was flat?

And wasn't that really a PT Cruiser with a fiberglass Camaro body kit?

"Midlife" said:
What's with the change of elevation along the track? I thought Kansas was flat? Shhhhhhhh, we're keeping that a secret

And wasn't that really a PT Cruiser with a fiberglass Camaro body kit?
Ummmmm, could be, I didn't pass it, so it's entirely possible!

:rofl

Back