• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shag's new rear end Q

cmayna

DILLIGARA?
Donator
Finally decided to get Shag's new 9" housing out of the mothball fleet to prepare for powder coating when I discover (totally forgot, old age thing) that I have two threaded holes on the drivers side. Red has just one that serves both as a vent as well as a clamp for the brake distribution block.

Why would this housing have two holes? Maybe seperate holes for vent & brake line attach? Here's a pic

Do you know what it came out of? Perhaps a temp sensor? Think how cool that would be in your dakota digital dash...........

prd_zm_206.jpg ~puke ~puke ~puke

Don't remember what it came out of. Of the two holes the one closest to the bottom of the pic seems to be the correct one which is about 10" from the LH flange. The hole closer to the center is 16" from the flange and is a little smaller in diameter. Unless someone tells me why I need this hole, I'll just weld it shut.

The hole closest to the third member uses a 3/8 bolt for the brake line bracket. The one closest to the drum is a vent. Make sure to use a short 3/8 bolt.

My 9" has 2 holes, too. I the hole closest to the center holds the brake distribution block, and the hole closest to the wheel is for the vent tube.

Back