• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby Cobra gas cap on a 67 FB?

J_Persons

Looking through the November issue of "Modified Mustangs and Fords" and the black cover car has a Shelby Cobra pop open cap relocated to the upper rear quarter panel. This seems like it would be a cool mod, but was wondering what tank is used to get the filler tube to the front of the tank? TIA, John

Most use a custom made filler tube that wraps around to the original location.
I was wondering about using the last body style Falcon gas tank. They had a side filler neck but I don't know if that tank would be a bolt-in or not.

I have an old gas tank I got from a friend who had it in a 66 Mustang coupe, I helped pull it.

The reason I wanted it was because for some reason the filler tube, well Hell, just look at the pic.......
003-4.jpg

hmmm, I wonder what that came out of originally?
I found a picture of the Falcon tank I was thinking about...

Here is a pic of our 20 gallon fuel cell that we designed for the Eleanor. We make it for both the Mach 1 or the Lemans style cap that you are asking about. With this set up this is an easy fill, as you can see directly into the tank. We also have a hole drilled in the top of the gas tank neck to prevent you from overfilling so it would be very hard to accidentally fill up the tube.

http://mustangstofear.com/category_gas_fuel.php

24094_814215159201_7028239_45074860_2795249_n.jpg

24094_814216371771_7028239_45074934_8266272_n.jpg

Back