• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby drop and lowering spring

That was my thought to. I was thinking that these would be more likely to look factory fitted than many others.

those look good and are fairly stout at .093 thick- anyone tried them?

So I'm back to my front suspension. I order new bushing kit for the bolt that connects from the lower control arm to the sway bar.

But I also need new bushing for the strut rods. However are there any decent (easier adjustable) strut rods that are not over $350!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Opentrackerracing.com or streetortrack.com have very nice pieces. They are adjustable in length and also use heim joins.

yes
I noticed it. I rollerized my front suspension. Perch springs, lower a-arms, struts, 700 lb front springs (I cut out one coil). cut one coil out and installed orange Koni shocks. John at opentracker racing gave both Johnpro and I early spring perches.

yes
I noticed it. I rollerized my front suspension. Perch springs, lower a-arms, struts, 700 lb front springs (I cut out one coil). cut one coil out and installed orange Koni shocks. John at opentracker racing gave both Johnpro and I early spring perches.

I think that's similar to my front set up. I think I will get those rod struts front open tracker. Also I think one day I may run out of money. Lol!

ORP suspensions are definitely worth it. I have a fully rollerized front suspension with SorT adjustable strut rods on the front and new leafs with Del-Alum bushings in the rear and Bilstein shocks all around. I just returned from a almost 1500 mile trip to the NPD show at Ocala. The car drove and rode like a dream. The only thing hurting is my ass from sitting in 50+ year old seats for the 12 hour drive both ways.

Opentracker adjustable strut rods ordered!!! Can't wait! Someone here told me to buy the alignment tool. You sure were correct about doing your own alignment. I have probably done about 5 camber adjustments and now after I get the new strut rods of course I will have to adjust the caster again. The alignment tool is sure handy!!

FWIW...you should only use the adjustable strut rods for minor caster adjustments left and right. Shaun has very specific thread engagement requirements in his instructions. Gross caster adjustments should still be achieved through shims. What you are primarily gaining with the adjustable strut rods is elimination of the rubber bushings and much improved strength in the system yielding much better front end stability.

FWIW...you should only use the adjustable strut rods for minor caster adjustments left and right. Shaun has very specific thread engagement requirements in his instructions. Gross caster adjustments should still be achieved through shims. What you are primarily gaining with the adjustable strut rods is elimination of the rubber bushings and much improved strength in the system yielding much better front end stability.
concur

Thank you!! Great to know. Now how do I find that thread. Lol.

Contact Shaun and he'd be happy to help you, however, you probably should buy the struts from him. John at ORP probably know too, so choose your source and then buy the struts from that source.

Contact Shaun and he'd be happy to help you, however, you probably should buy the struts from him. John at ORP probably know too, so choose your source and then buy the struts from that source.

Who is Shaun again?

oh, I also installed a 1" anti sway bar up front (with polyurethane bushings), 4.5 leaf mid-eye leaf springs in the rear and a 5/8" anti-sway bar in the rear.

Back