• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shelby GT500 Laps Laguna Seca!

I was very impressed by driving the 2010 GT, I could only imagine the thrill of GT 500. :yikes That looks like fun.

Cool video, and good candid comments from the driver at the end.

I sure look forward to the day I take a few laps around Laguna Seca!

"garner67" said:

I've been around it many times......in my road racing video game.
I can't remember which one, but it's amazing how well they get those track layouts down.
As I was watching this video, it was exactly like the game (without being in control).
I understand that some professional drivers are now actually using these video games to increase their familiarity with tracks.

"joesgt281" said:
I've been around it many times......in my road racing video game.
I can't remember which one, but it's amazing how well they get those track layouts down.
As I was watching this video, it was exactly like the game (without being in control).
I understand that some professional drivers are now actually using these video games to increase their familiarity with tracks.

Did you happen to catch the episode of Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson selected a NSX to drive on Laguna Seca Raceway in a video game? After setting his best time in the video game, he took out a real NSX on the real Laguna track, and he tried to match his best video game time. I don't remember the actual times, but I do remember that he couldn't come within 15 seconds of his video game time in the real world. He kept saying that the track on the video game was very accurate, it just doesn't have the "feeling"... duh. He was completely blown away by how much the cork screw drops down when you make the left hander at the top. It definitely was a fun episode to watch.

no, I missed it, but I love that show.
yeah I can imagine your stomach just drops out from under you at that point on the track!

"garner67" said:

Laguna is great. Very smooth and the elevation is amazing. You feel like you are really going somewhere. Sears is sort of the same. I love those tracks.

Back