• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shingles, not the kind on your roof

Glad that your getting better. Sux it got in the way of the steam you had on the stang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad that your getting better. Sux it got in the way of the steam you had on the stang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks, yeah I'm glad I'm on the mend. I am getting worried about my vision though. My sight is still very blurry in my left eye. I went to my eye doctor Friday afternoon and he said my cornea was full of fluid and swollen but he didn't think I would have any scarring. But it really sucks not being able to see clearly

Because life decided I needed more eye problems, I've had a cyst on the white part of my right eye for months. Which means the Dr is gonna have to lance it. Yea, needle in eye.
Just about ready to have them take the eye and get a fake one. After multiple surgeries, including two corneal transplants, constant irritation, and now this damned cyst, I'm sick of dealing with it.

Thanks, same to you. That damned bump is more annoying than the surgery recovery I went through two years ago. Feels like I've had something stuck in my eye for months now.
that's what I am dealing with right now. My cornea is swollen and has fluid trapped in it he says. Anyway, I can't see clearly and my eye is irritated. Also light bothers it. But I don't guess it's as bad as your situation. Hopefully you can get through it okay. I feel for ya!

Doc have you wearing a patch? I wore one after my surgery to keep me from rubbing and popping a stitch. Kept wearing one after the doc gave the all clear because of light sensitivity. Since the iris in my right eye is deformed, it doesn't close like it should, and causes eye strain, which leads to migraines. Fun stuff. Main reason why all work on the mustang has stopped. I just can't weld anymore.

oh man, that sucks. My optometrist told me that an eye patch probably wouldn't help. I got one anyway and he was right. What I found was the patch caused some pressure on the eye lid that irritated the eye due to the swelling I guess. Right now I just wear my sunglasses everywhere. I think people must think I am a Hollywood type nut wearing my shades all the time!
I am trying to help my son put his engine together, I can't see so I just tell him what needs to be done and what measurements to make and so on. My wife won't let me drive. I am hoping this heals but it's too early to know.

Know all about wearing sunglasses everywhere. Right now I have to wear them over my glasses, which is just uncomfortable. I only wear polarized amber tint glasses. The amber tint cuts down on blue light, which helps a lot. The polarized lenses reduce glare. More than just dark shades.

C'mon...it's hard to breathe hard when you're trying to suck in your gut for a long period of time...it must be the drool then.

Sorry to hear about you getting the shingles. I had them back in December. I attribute mine to a combination of stress and the flu shot. I had it in my arm pit, chest, back and lower section of my arm. The rash lasted about 2-3 weeks and pain for about 5 weeks. The good news is I lost about 10 pounds. Take it easy, gets lots of rest and drink lots of water.

Back