• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shingles, not the kind on your roof

Growing up, I never saw my dad miss a day of work. I saw him mash his big toe off with a 600 lb BOP flange, and be at work the next day. Then he got shingles. It wrapped around his torso, and came on quick. As it got increasingly worse, so did he, to the point the doctors said he was in the top 2% of the worst cases they'd ever seen. They gave him morphine and told him to take it as needed, because the level of shingles he had is the largest cause of suicide, and he'd be better off breaking the addiction than not taking the pills.

For 3 full months my dad laid in a recliner sleeping and having hallucinations from all the medication he was on. He was left with permanent damage done to his nervous system, which led to a interrupter being impalanted in his body. It's a box that has 12 wires running into his spinal cord that he controls with a remote, that is there to interrupt the permanent pain cause by the nerve damage. To this day, along with the interrupter, he wears lidocaine patches, and is on lyrica, and it's been 10 years. He's never been the same since his bout with shingles. It really weakened his body and immune system. I'd strongly advise the vaccination, if you qualify for it.

wow, that's a horrible situation. So sorry to hear about his suffering. Thanks for the warning though.

Working construction at the local colleges there is a 5 second rule. You can't look for more than 5 seconds or turn your head past 90 degrees. When you hear someone counting 1...2...3... you know they have one in sight.
Hope you guys feel better soon!

wow, that's a horrible situation. So sorry to hear about his suffering. Thanks for the warning though.

Yeah it was pretty crumby. Today, the 10 year battle with shingles ended with a loss to cancer. RIP dad.....love you, and thank you for being the greatest man, and dad, on the planet.

Sorry to hear about the painful loss. Watching my Dad deteriorate due to Parkinson's n dimentia. Slowly eating away at him like termites chewin on lumber....

Back