• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shooting in R'ville

tarafied1

Some of you may have read about the shooting I posted in general non-mustang thread. Thought this comment would be better here...
I was thinking today, thank God the guy the cops shot and killed was a white guy. Russellville is a small town, about 8,000 people. Probably at least half is black. If the cops shot and killed a black guy, the town would have been burnt down, groups from all over would be on there way here to "protest" i.e. loot and trash anything that was left. Doesn't matter he was shooting his GF and had just got out of jail for breaking in her house and threatening to shoot her, but since he was white, no body got excited. There has been some cop bashing posts on FB and small chatter but nothing crazy. Most understand the cops did what they had to do.
I am not racist and have a few friends in town that are black and black students we have been involved with for band that I really enjoy working with but recently the school had a pep rally that turned into "Black Lives Matter" and school had to go on lock down. Racial tension is higher than it's ever been since I have been alive. And this hatred towards cops is really pretty scary.

Look up Shaun King. One of the ring leaders in the blm movement. Best part is he's a pasty wonderbread, posing as a black guy. Basically blackface without the paint. A male Rachel Dolezal.

The racial tension that already exists is exactly why Trump needs to STFU. We're already sitting on a powder keg, all that's lacking is the fuse. And he's trying his damnedest to be that fuse. All he needs to do is condemn the violence, tell his people to stand down, to de-fuse the situation. Instead, he talks about punching people, carrying them out on stretchers, etc., and now he's threatening riots at the GOP convention. What a Patriot!

“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention, but I can tell you, if we didn’t and if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400, because we’re way ahead of everybody, I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically. I think it would be — I think you’d have riots,” Trump said.
“Now, if you disenfranchise those people and you say, well I’m sorry but you’re 100 votes short, even though the next one is 500 votes short, I think you would have problems like you’ve never seen before. I think bad things would happen, I really do. I believe that. I wouldn’t lead it but I think bad things would happen,” he said.

Not seeing threats, but exactly what most on right think about the establishment. If the gop goes for a contested convention, people are gonna be flat pissed. And it will most likely be the end of the gop.

And if you want to talk about mass protests, look up Democracy Spring. A group planning "mass civil disobedience" if trump gets in office.

“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention, but I can tell you, if we didn’t and if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400, because we’re way ahead of everybody, I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically. I think it would be — I think you’d have riots,” Trump said.
“Now, if you disenfranchise those people and you say, well I’m sorry but you’re 100 votes short, even though the next one is 500 votes short, I think you would have problems like you’ve never seen before. I think bad things would happen, I really do. I believe that. I wouldn’t lead it but I think bad things would happen,” he said.

Not seeing threats, but exactly what most on right think about the establishment. If the gop goes for a contested convention, people are gonna be flat pissed. And it will most likely be the end of the gop.
We've experienced such conventions before. It's all part of the "process". Where any real trouble could arise is if the party decides to prop up some candidate that was not involved in the original mass grouping. Talk of guys like Ryan getting the nod, for example.

Real issue in my mind is forget party affiliations, there is simply not a single candidate for POTUS worthy of the office. Or more importantly, competent enough to hold the position with any level of effectiveness. The controlling powers of Congress despise Cruz. Are scared of the radical (insane?) Trump. Kasich would be crushed in a general election by Hillary and i honestly don't know much about him as I never viewed his as viable. Bernie...well, he is let's just say sheltered in his thinking. Reality has never been his cup of tea. And then there is Hillary. Probably the one candidate who knows how to actually get things done as she is THE prototypical political insider everyone claims to hate. Even the cronies in Red would work with her. I think anyone who actually pays attention knows what they would get with her. At best four more years of the same. Maybe that is the very best we can hope for this cycle.

So what does America do? We keep playing this lesser of two evils thing any longer and where does that lead us? We need an implosion of the Republican party in the hopes that from the rubble can emerge something new. Maybe it sets the stage for there to finally be a third party. One that an be seen as viable yet untarnished by decades of BS. That stills leaves open the question of who does one vote for this November? Maybe its a good thing I am getting closer to the grave.

You know Craig, you may be surprised. When the Walter Scott deal went down here it was at the peak of the BLM BS around the country. There were the same fears here as you expressed. BLM people did indeed show up here. They also showed up for the Emmanuel church shooting. What the nation DIDN'T see either time was the mass riots, burning, marches, etc. The police departments here have no magical wand the could waive to make it all go away. They had the same, or less, tools available than the big cities did. The thing that ran the trouble makers out of town were the local citizens. As much as the BLM and their followers tried to stir things up, even the local trouble makers (which we all have in our respective towns and cities), wouldn't have any of it. Some of the local politicians ALMOST created havoc with their policies. They restricted normal police responses (i.e. if you're breaking the law you go jail), and let them have more freedoms than would normally be allowed. The trouble they almost created was from the local citizens who complained had it been them acting the way the BLM people were , THEY would have been locked up!

John, I would hope that scenario would play out here too. We have a large "quiet" group of white or non-BLM people that I think would rise up if things get crazy. Every year there is a huge gathering for the Emancipation Day. The town is easily quadrupled in size by people coming in to "celebrate" So far it has never exploded out of control. There are the occasional disruptions but it always makes people nervous. Our police force is mostly white officers and we have a Sheriff's office in town since we are the county seat and it too is almost all white. Again so far no problems but all it takes is one shooting that a group can use as a jumping off point!

As far as POTUS, I think we are going to see Hiliary forced down the Dems throat and the GOP is so F'D up that there will be no contender to take her out. The next 4 years will be more of the same.

Yesterday, we had a young, white LEO shot to death (from behind, in the head, gun in holster, snapped closed) by a black, seventeen y.o. gangbanger. Greenville, S.C. PD was attempting to identify and arrest the suspect. Perp was out on probation from a conviction that carried a ten year sentence. Judge let him out for time served (251 days). After shooting the officer, he ran and PD gave chase. He quickly fatally shot himself. No BLM protests, no white people burning the city. Just pain from a senseless loss.

Yesterday, we had a young, white LEO shot to death (from behind, in the head, gun in holster, snapped closed) by a black, seventeen y.o. gangbanger. Greenville, S.C. PD was attempting to identify and arrest the suspect. Perp was out on probation from a conviction that carried a ten year sentence. Judge let him out for time served (251 days). After shooting the officer, he ran and PD gave chase. He quickly fatally shot himself. No BLM protests, no white people burning the city. Just pain from a senseless loss.
I'll stop short from posting what I really feel about this.... but I will say there's a time a' comin'...just hope I'm around to participate in it.

This whole BLM movement irks me to the point where there is no way in hell I'll voice my opinion on an open forum lol.

The neighborhood where this happened is right in between where my daughter lives and where she currently goes to school. Her apartment is several blocks away in one direction and her school is several blocks away on the other side of it. What concerns me is the fact that she will be conducting a community out reach health fair in that neighborhood in several weeks!!:eek::eek:

“He was a good child. He was really kind of quiet. He was a quiet kid. But they always bothered him, the police, and say he was in a gang,” Lowden said.

A cop is shot dead by a gangbanger, no shots were fired by the police, and this b**** has the NERVE to still turn it around and blame the police. :mad::mad::mad:

Back