• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show me yours, I'll show you mine...

i want to get another trap door to try some things out on mine the one i currenlty have hasn't been cut do they sell abs plastic trap doors without speaker pods or would it be failry easy to make one?

Mine is ABS, ordered it from Mustang Depot in Vegas since they were the cheapest, also had a 4 week back order

541371_336_full.jpg

Thats alright, just you guys wait, I have bought all kinds of stereo crap and have no damn idea how to hook it up. I hope the alternator holds up and the windows stay in place. And its not my car.

Mike, some of the guys who are less familar with your collection of cars would love to see them. Load a few pics up in the gallery.

Okay, I'll play, here's Trouble's setup:

trap9.jpg

rseat11.jpg

ttrunk54.jpg

I know I have some better pictures of the interior, but they're on my old laptop and it's still in the shop. ~dk

Looks real nice Laurie! I gather you have some of the fold-down pieces covered in leather? Looks nice, very clean looking.

You included the photo of the trunk just to rub it in didn't you? Darn I'm in love with your trunk! ~thu The detail appears immaculate!

In your second photo, in the drivers side back corner, the 1" trim strip that surrounds the rear seating area, your corner seems "pulled up" and not seated very well. We have this same problem with my sons '68FB. All of the other pieces fit great, but this one piece just won't stay in/flush. Did you address this issue already?

Her fold down is pretty slick, IIRC the first piece flips up and since there is no seat its storage for car show supplies, etc.

My rear corner is screwy lick that as well. I think Laurie should sell her templates to me, or DI so they can make a trunk kit, I'd pay for that one!

The material on the folddown actually is a vinyl, but it matches the leather on the seats exactly. I also put two different types of padding under the vinyl. I don't think I ever fixed that piece on the corner, I'll have to take a look. Here are a couple of pictures of the underside of the folddown. I did a reverse by putting the carpet on the underside. Also, the folddown will lock in place with a padlock, if desired. I found a large eyehook that screwed into the holes where the seat bumpers normally go. I figure at some point, I'll be at a show or on a trip and want to lock the storage area.

rseat21.jpg

rseat22.jpg

Tsk Tsk Tsk. You didn't mention the expert help you got putting the vinyl material on the false seat back floor.

Harumpf! I'm not buying you any more Margaritas. ~dk

3s 3s 3s

Sorry, Sweetie. It's been a busy day, I was lucky just to get those photos posted. ~cry

It just keeps getting prettier and prettier.... does it ever end? Do you have a rusty bolt or something nasty looking you could post to make me feel just a little bit better?

I'm sure I can find something. ;D Here's what I started with, will that work?

rtside1.jpg aftercut.jpg

Burned1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
gotta love that trailer hitch.... you should have re-chromed and then re-installed it... just to give it that "in the era" feel.

I wish, but I didn't get it when I bought the car. I think my friend probably removed it and pitched it. I did have to close up the holes in the underside where it had been attached. Ugly, isn't it?

That was a "hot" fire. Hot enough to melt the pot metal upper air extractors and melt the filler at the roof to C pillar seam. Did you have to replace the roof? Was it badly heat soaked? I love that seat sitting there on the back of the trailer.

What's up with that other '68 that was parked right behind the trailer? Mustang graveyard?

The guy in the car is a fellow club member who spotted the car sitting in insurance yard. It wasn't a salvage, and he was able to buy it from them. That picture is in his backyard where he had about nine Mustangs and a Cougar, all to be restored. He had another club member, who does some amazing body work, replace the roof on Trouble. It was toast. The idiot owner had set the fire on the interior of the car, then claimed it was a fuel line leak that caused it. ~dk

Back