• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Show Us Whatcha Got!

joesgt281

This thread will be for introducing us to your late-model Stang.
Give us a pic or two and a little background on how you came to own it, and any work you've done on it.

NO one else has Foxbodies?!?!?

here's a shot of my '91 Coupe. it's a 5.0, with a close ratio T5, 3:73 rear, BBK headers, Bassani catted X pipe...

got a set of GT40P's with an Exploder intake and a 75mm throttle body sitting under the bench for it.... if I ever get my butt going.... :punch

nice looking Fox!
Personally I prefer the clean lines of an LX versus a GT of that era.
and this is a fine example :pbj

Thanks!
I really like the LX version better too. Fun car to drive, and the body on this one is still in pretty good shape rust wise. Interior (drivers seat) looks like an 18yo car though...

My 1984 Mustang SVO. I bought about a year ago and have since gone through and replaced the many things that have broken due to poor maintenance by the P.O. Right now it has a MBC set at 17 psi, 3" downpipe, and a Walbro 255 lph fuel pump.

"Starfury" said:
Wow, nice. I bet that thing's a blast to drive.
Oh, it's A LOT of fun to drive...when it's running lol. Right now I just need to get the turbo rebuilt because the oil feed line broke and fried the bearings and then she should run perfect again. It's actually my "winter beater" too, now that's a blast...if you've never driven a fox body in the snow, I highly recommend it. :p

:pbj :pbj :pbj :pep :pep

I found this thread tonight. Im a die hard Fox Body fan. I have my first car still to this day. Its a 1991 GT I restored and use as a driver. Its a little rough but a fun car. Ill post pics tomorrow!

here was my 85 that got just a little too hot:
scan0001.jpg

while i was fighting w/ the insurance co. over the value, i had it up in the air robbing all the upgraded things that were still good along with the swaybars & t-5 trans. i ended up buying this 82 GT & swapping in the t-5 & suspension robbed from the 85. rebuilt a 289 that came out of one of my drag cars & detuned a little for street use. .030 over, balanced, flat tops, 280 comp cam, & a set of extensively worked over hi-po heads. 351w 4v valves, ported/polished full roller setup. bolted on MAC shorties & 2.5" stainless h pipe & rear exhaust from walker dynomax. added a 3.25 8.8 ford motorsport rear & this thing was ungodly fast & would outrun new cobras & outhandle a new vette. this thing was FUN!! wish i had kept it, but sold it to fund other projects...
scan0003.jpg

This is my 92 LX 5.0 5 Speed. I bought the car a few years ago. I was taking some body parts from my 65 to be bead blasted, on the way I saw the 92 for sale. I always wanted a Fox body.

3557503299_fe95c70872_b.jpg

3563950636_d3a695a1ee_b.jpg

3563933574_a2b2856734_b.jpg

3563138007_e1c39b725b_b.jpg

3565166244_a2a27a1040_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Tungsten" said:
Thanks! Yeah it was in great shape, had only 38,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has 43,000 I think.

Putting your own sweat and bloody knuckles into a car is highly overrated.....buy somebody else's hard work!
It took me 7 years to get my 67 on the road....lot to be said for picking up a finished car.
Nice find!

Yeah, I have done my fair share though. I put the 3G alternator on, the Aluminum heads, the Edelbrock RPM intake, Flowmasters X-pipe and so on. I had a Supercharger on it and was putting down about 400 HP, My best time at the track was 12.2 at 115mph, on All Season tires. I had to many driveability problems with the charger so I finally canned it because I just wanted a nice Driver.

-Jeff

Back