• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Sleep deprivation

Been struggling with getting a good night's sleep. Anyone have any advice to make sure I can fix this?

Lol, I was gonna say a good drink does help calm the nerves and ease the mind into sleep.

You might need to figure out if there's anything causing you to not want to go to sleep, i.e. stress or noise. You'll need to try and deal with that issue first and then sleep should come naturally.

If that fails then I agree that Bourbon will do the job for you. I prefer Wild Turkey.

Been using these for about a month now. Seem to be working really great. We really need a new mattress and pillows however.

26C99415-5B37-4A76-A8A8-8869E74435A4_zpstpckssxd.jpg

Given his current situation advising alcohol would not seem like a good idea.

I would suggest cutting off all food and drink intake aside from water after dinner to start. Taking a short jog (walk if better suited to your physical condition) or other low impact exercise just before bedtime can also help. I find it helpful to turn on the least interesting thing I can find on the TV and let it bore me to sleep. This helps to prevent any active thinking that can keep you preoccupied and interrupt the ability to fall asleep. I spend a lot of nights in different hotel rooms each week and you can ask any frequent traveler and they will tell you the first night in a new hotel is tough. The TV trick work most nights for me.

Reading seems to help me. Then lie awake in bed at 2 am for 3 hours. I think it is divorce that is causing it.

I use melatonin. It works pretty well but it's not immediate.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I often find my self in dramatically different time zones. I also use melatonin to get adjusted. I prefer it over many other things I have tried because it doesn't give me a sleep hangover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I often find my self in dramatically different time zones. I also use melatonin to get adjusted. I prefer it over many other things I have tried because it doesn't give me a sleep hangover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Craig, In my years of time zone travel between projects Ive discovered a homeopathic remedy that helps me adjust to my new time zone very quickly. "No Jet Lag" somehow causes your sleep cycle to adjust to the new time zone. You are tired of course from the trip but at least I can function with my colleagues. Available in most locales but I buy in quantity.
https://www.amazon.com/Miers-Labs-Homeopathic-Remedy-Count/dp/B00007KUX7?th=1

many years ago when i was in college, i had issues falling to sleep. i found a book though that cured that. its titled automotive emission controls. i barely got through the table of contents before falling soundly asleep for 8 long blissful hours.:D

Craig, In my years of time zone travel between projects Ive discovered a homeopathic remedy that helps me adjust to my new time zone very quickly. "No Jet Lag" somehow causes your sleep cycle to adjust to the new time zone. You are tired of course from the trip but at least I can function with my colleagues. Available in most locales but I buy in quantity.
https://www.amazon.com/Miers-Labs-Homeopathic-Remedy-Count/dp/B00007KUX7?th=1
thanks i will give it a try

Have you ruled out sleep apnea? After roughly 10 years of poor quality sleep I contacted a sleep clinic. Turned out I had severe sleep apnea, the CPAP machine works.

Reading seems to help me. Then lie awake in bed at 2 am for 3 hours. I think it is divorce that is causing it.
That was the only time I had insomnia. I decided to have nothing to eat for 3 hours before bed and nothing but water to drink after dinner. One shot of bourbon about 10 minutes before bed and then try to keep my mind from thinking about anything at all.

I find that having a fan or some sort of static noise helps me. It drowns out the random noises.

Back