• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So I Q'd up some ribs Monday

copasspupil

Donator
Talk about getting frustrated. I usually do the 3-2-1 method but something's up. I smoked them the realized that my pellets were gone for an unk amount of time do I smoked them longer. An additional 2 hours them wrapped them up for the two hours them basted them with a new BBQ sauced I made. I cooked them for something like 9 hours total time and they were still not done. I ended up braiding them in the oven as I painted the inside of my house yesterday for 1 hr and 40 minutes and truly they could've used another 20 minutes.

I'm going to check my temp probes to see what it's actually pumping out now.

The good news is I found an excellent rub and new sauce.

I did try a new rub that I really like. My only substitution was to add Hungarian smoked paprika to the recipe- the same amount as the paprika found below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 11
Good sounding rub. Definitely check your temperature probes, something sounds really off with the cook times you said and your results.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Back