• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So...nobody is here anymore

All it took was him reciting a few stats and telling me the horror stories of some people that didn't get checked. By the time he was finished, I was saying 'OK, OK, sign me up!'

Gary,you need a good probing. You have to have some 'alignment' to the stars. You're toofar right.

A word of advice for the night of the prep. Don't cough, and never trust a fart.
Had one when I was 24. Felt like karma since I was in that same doc's office, installing the security and network a few years before, and joked about the ass cams.

Sooo, adding to Gary's scary story....

Ever since I broke my ankle and was laid up for well...ever...I've felt run down and tired and was gradually getting worse by the day. I thought it was all due to being stuck in the house, not able to do anything, go anywhere. Been working on the car the last couple months trying to get it race ready and was always tired. Had to get a physical for the competition race license and they ran blood tests. The test results came back last week and apparently I'm a "dead man walking". My red blood count, hemoglobin and iron levels are extremely low and they think I have some internal bleeding going on. They've scheduled me for an upper and lower GI scope, but it's not till 8/24. They are trying diff locations (Des Moines) to get me in sooner though. They had me start taking an iron supplement and a vitamin supplement and to tell the truth, I feel like a new man already!

Had it not been for the ankle, I probably would've put 2 and 2 together. Instead, I just thought it was all part of the break/recovery/being out of shape. Good thing I'm trying to race in September and had to get the physical. Of course, I probably won't race now that all of this is going on. I'll still shoot for it though.

Good luck Mark. Hope they find out what's going on a remedy it.

From Infinity and beyond

Never Argue With A Moron– They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Dang, Mark, that does sound kinda scary. The worst part for me was the not knowing what's wrong. All kinds of things start running thru your head. Hopefully it's something minor and easily corrected.

I'm here... just nothing new to report.

Living the dream or running it down... Haven't figured out which yet.

Bad when you have to respond to your own failed joke huh FD?

Preliminary tests came back and I have a 4" adenocarcinoma tooma (spoken in my best Ahhhnold voice) in my upper large intestine. Go back in Monday to consult with primary Doc about surgeons and oncologists. Looks like more tests, surgery and chemo in my near future. Hopefully when this is all done I'll be able to say, Racing saved my life!

BTW, the colonoscopy was painless and unmemorable. The super colon blow to clean out the system on the other hand....I would only wish upon TERRY.

Back