• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

So some douche stole my roommate's tv....

Starfury

Some time between 4 and 6am this morning somebody walked in the front door, took my roommate's 47" LCD HDTV, unplgged the HDMI cable from the cable box (wtf), grabbed a new 2-way radio he had just bought, and grabbed a Logitech universal remote off the couch. Left a Playstation 2, XBox, Nintendo, reciever, nice JBL speakers, a laptop, and other numerous items of value.

WTF :-|

Our other roommate apparently left the door unlocked when he came home smashed at 4am. My roommate woke up at 6am, so it had to have happened in between 4 and 6. Somebody was scouting the place.

Police report has been filed, and hopefully our other roommate's renter's insurance will cover it, but WTF. Not happy. We're going to go drink now.

As a side note, whoever took the stuff is lucky as hell they didn't wake up my roommate (the one who owned the tv). He keeps his Sig in the nightstand next to the bed.

Edit: Apparently they also swiped my UPS box with my newly acquired collapsible steering column. WTF. Who the shit steals a steering column? What average schmuck would even know what it is by looking at it? Not that it's super valuable, but now I have to repalce it, which is a PITA. Damnit.

check local craigslist ads and check for locally on ebay you might find them reselling the stuff

Yeah, going to be doing that. Our old roommate is a Deputy Sherriff, so if we find anything suspicious something might actually get done about it.

they probably already had playstation and xbox etc is why they didnt take it. when i was a freshman at ucr my friends had their room broken into in the dorms they took only the 360 and sorted through all their music cds and video games taking the ones they wanted they also took a laptop and one of the guys bed sheets

Left a Playstation 2, XBox, Nintendo, reciever, nice JBL speakers, a laptop, and other numerous items of value.

WTF :-|

Only because they didn't have enough time/hands to carry everything in one trip. A 47" TV is not the easiest thing to carry out the door.

You're noticed right away with a modified Mustang. I had a 52" LG Plasma stolen from my house. I say the Mustang influenced the thieves.

Doubtful. I live in a condo complex and park my car out on the street. Plus, if they really wanted some cool stuff, there was a CBR600 in the garage, as well as my '90 GT with the keys in it, and some cool toys and tools.

Back