• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some bad news...

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
It was actually a pretty cool thing Duane. He got to watch his bottles being filled. Then they hand them to him off of the line and he gets to dip the bottles himself into their redwax to seal them. And they were cheaper there as well.

blue65coupe

That's pretty cool. Did he get one of the MM cigars? I bet a bunch of drunks dipping their bottles would get pretty comical.

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
They were overly cautious with the safety procedures for dipping the bottles. You had to hear safety goggles. Rubber sleeves. Then forearm high rubber gloves coupled with a large, very heavy, apron.

The wax was kept at 350 degree F. Pretty damn hot. The lady told us that one guy, in the past, asked to stick his weenie in it.

Only in Kentucky...

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
I mainly drink Bourbon, but not Maker's Mark. That stuff is nasty!

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Really? I thought was ok. It was MUCH better than the early "shine" version of it. We got to sample that as well.

How do you drink yours Randy? Mead, or cold?

Midlife

Staff member
Donator
Maker's Mark is too harsh for me; I prefer Old Grand Dad, followed by Jim Beam. For sweet bourbon, Yukon Jack. All are straight over the rocks.