• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Some pics, of my ride, for Waffles...

70_Fastback

Hell Bent for Speed
Some of you may have already seen these already at the "other" site - sorry for the repost if so.

These were fresh after paint Eric:

234693.jpg

234697.jpg

234698.jpg

234699.jpg

234701.jpg

234702.jpg

234706.jpg

234712.jpg

234723.jpg

The car is further along now, I just don't have any updated pics here with me at work :-\

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a tunnal ram. I had to nix it - couldn't fit an air cleaner assembly in there - believe it or not with my gynormous scoop.

I swapped back to a single 4 high-rise intake, with a butterflied street scoop (yeah, I like those) and it sits perfectly up in the scoop so you can clearly see it. Worked out nice.

Out of curiousity, have you installed and sat behind this hood yet? I'm curious if you'll be able to see everything.... little things, like for instance a stoplight changing from Red to Green while you're sitting at a light....

Damn that's a BIG scoop!

.... I like it though! I just hope you can see around it well enough to drive.

Oh yes, that was a concern initially. It has been installed, tested and driven by me. I can see fine - but I do sit up very high as well - I'm 6'-5", so it's not an issue for me. But if the GF drives it, it may be a problem. Good call on that Dave.

Sharp as hell, man. I love it, can't wait to see it done. Goin with a spoiler, I see, how about louvres? And if you have a SBF, are you interested in a dual duad setup for it? Know a guy getting rid of one, he has the intake and one of the carbs for it, brand new. 500 cfm IIRC.

Gorgeous car, though.

I've got a stout 347 stroker already done and in it. I have a tunnel ram for it and also a Offy dual 2x4 low-rise intake for it, just going to use my single plane high rise 4-barrel for now with my Holley 4010 mech secondary 750 DP.

Sounds like a hell of a setup.

On a side note, anyone know how much taller certain intakes are for windsors? I have the performer, and wanna upgrade, BUT i have a shaker so it is directly affected by intake manifold height... are certain intakes considerably taller than others?

Very nice pics. I suggest you put a screen inside the scoop otherwise you'll be sucking down a few birds with that nasty looking hood.

"Starfury" said:
Ya know, I think the scoop should be a little bigger....;)

Reminds me of that leopard that swallowed the woman...*G*

"Waffles" said:
Sharp as hell, man. I love it, can't wait to see it done. Goin with a spoiler, I see, how about louvres? And if you have a SBF, are you interested in a dual duad setup for it? Know a guy getting rid of one, he has the intake and one of the carbs for it, brand new. 500 cfm IIRC.

Gorgeous car, though.

Do you know what setup this is? I am toying with the dual quad setup for the stroker.

"70_Fastback" said:
NOW you guys are being fuggin arseholes! It's not my fault that you all have smallish scoops  ;D

Don't listen to these nancy-boys! That scoop is wicked. If I had to change anything about it
I'd make it about a half inch taller.

Just make sure there are no infants playin in the street when you open up the throttle ;D

Last intake I saw that big.....

[flash=200,200]http://www.videosift.com/video/Crewman-Sucked-Into-Harrier-GR5-Engine-Intake[/flash]

Back