• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stage 8 header bolt install

AzPete

Well, I got around to replacing the header bolts with the stage 8 locking set. Nice quality items and easy to "adjust" to fit. I have no complaints concerning the install of them.

Now, two freaking hours for ONE bolt install is just plain stupid....... I did the passenger side in about 1 hour 20 min. taking my time. Easy job. Went to the drivers side and removed and replaced one at a time as I did on the first set. Got to the rear most header bolt and it came out fine. The new one would not start straight. All in all, I removed all of the others and tried many ways to get that one in. Finally, the correct combination was to start the very front bolt, jack the engine/tranny on the right side, pry the header out and start the bolt. Not sure of the position of my left hand or mouth so I cannot say this would work for anyone else. After that, 30 mins. to tighten, set the locks, and test run.

I'll bet you forgot to stick your tongue out while starting the bolt.

I told ya it woulda been easier simply to remove the engine and then change the header bolts. But noooooo...you don't listen. *G*

Yea, yea, yea..... but the tree was busy today so I couldn't use it. Just glad to get the job done.

"tarafied1" said:
ohhhh, I hate header bolts!!! :skull

I thought i saw an "ohhhhhh, I hate that rabbit" coming.

Stage8 bolts are the schiznit. I used those and carbon fiber gaskets and have no leaks :pep

Anyone using these header bolts?

http://www.route66supply.com/store/page53.html

splitimage.jpg

Looks like these would be easier to install than the Stage8 bolts.

On the Hooker Comp. headers I have. you cannot get a box wrench on half the bolts on each side. I must use an open end wrench. Then, on two, you could not get the allen wrench to fit into the bolt.

I can barely see my header bolts, let along get a wrench on them! :taz
did I mension I hate header bolts!

Back