• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stay safe

Floods n wind there, fires n winds here. We're supposed to get Santa Ana winds this weekend, which will be a catalyst for any fire

I have friends and family from Port Orange all the way up to St.Augustine. Been in contact with them throughout and you should ignore what you see from the MSM. Other than some flooding in St.Augustine and A1A being washed out in a few places, it wasn't much of a blow. Then again, that's pretty normal. Hell, the Turkeys and Squirrels didn't even take time out from eating. Apparently most of the winged varmints took to the air and were heard bragging about how fast they could fly. I kind of miss those days where we'd spend the day at the beach riding the monster waves when the storms would ride up the coast.

The folks to worry about are those in the Carolinas. They always seem to get nut punched when it comes to these shore huggers.

Well I hope everyone is safe too.

My wife's parents left for Florida on Thursday. My father in law spends winters in barberville. They ran into the outer edge of the storm today and are spending the night in lake city FL.

Well I hope everyone is safe too.

My wife's parents left for Florida on Thursday. My father in law spends winters in barberville. They ran into the outer edge of the storm today and are spending the night in lake city FL.
We got power and water (private well) back after 48 hours. No damage

Matthew didn't technically make landfall. The western edge of the eye came onshore near Charleston but then it veered east. NC seems to have taken the brunt of the rain although SC did evacuate the coast. Flood damage is extensive but devastating. One hurricane-related death in SC.

My friend lives in Florida with her family. She has been living there for long and is aware of the building codes and security measures that are to be taken to keep safe. People living there are aware of the situations and hence have become more careful these days. They go for building permits since there are certain standards that are to be met if living in those areas. My friend told me that she does the roofing of her house so that water does not leak, have installed the Palm Beach windows and doors whose details can be read here, stores enough food and water and also flashlights and extra batteries, have got a sturdy garage door, and have got the insurance covered. There are emerging technologies of hurricane protection and people are adopting them. And we can always pray to god for their safety.

i hope everyone is in fine fettle today. i am thankful that the only thing i have to worry about regarding the weather is can i stand the heat.

Back