1. Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Still Looking for that Next Project

Discussion in 'Non Mustang General Discussion' started by Horseplay, Jul 8, 2017.

Abomination or Cool Ride?

1. Yikes!

2. Seen Worse

3. I'd Drive It

4. Nice!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

Came across this when wasting time looking to see what kind of older Ford trucks were out there. Never a big fan of Rancheros of this vintage but always kinda liked the Falcons of this era. Comets have also been on the list of cars I wouldn't mind owning. My "extra" engine and trans could slip right in this winter... 64ford88588-2.jpg 64ford88588-3.jpg

tarafied1 likes this.
  2. KBMWRS

KBMWRS What did the moron say today?

Ahhh that's cute. Definitely you

3. Midlife

Midlife Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

I dunno about the chains keeping the hood from being stolen. Otherwise, it looks like it could be a nice ride, depending upon the price. Body looks good.

4. kb3

kb3 Well-Known Member

I've always liked the 64-66 Falcons, but don't carry the same love for the Rancheros. I would rather build a truck, as I already have a couple cars built on that platform!

5. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

i dont like the hood scoops, they look out of place, but otherwise a cool project indeed.

6. B67FSTB

B67FSTB The NorCal dude from Belgium

Don't like the hood either. Could be a nice car to do a Power Tour. Had always mixed feelings about that concept of el camino's and ranchero's. But hee , I am a foreigner and we have different tast as our american friends.;)

7. Horseplay

Horseplay Well-Known Member

I'm trying to make contact with the seller to get more info. Asking price is way out of line for it from what I can tell. Basically a roller. No interior. No engine/trans., etc. Hard to tell from pics if body is in fresh paint or not. Might be a trendy satin look. :( The missing front bumper makes the hood much more pronounced.

8. 3175375

3175375 Well-Known Member

A guy I went to high school with had a 65 Ranchero with a 289. I thought it was so cool. It had glass packs n just sounded'right'

I never knew that Fomoco made a Mercuty Ranchero. Seems unique!

9. guruatbol

guruatbol Always on vacation!

My group in HS had a 66 Bronco, 66Ranchero, 65 Coronet and I had a 66 coupe. Always gotta have the one guy who get the year and make wrong.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

10. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

they didnt, but the front sheetmetal does bolt in place, so t is easy to make one. just like the 66-67 fairlane sheetmetal bolts in place of the 66 falcon ranchero sheet metal so you can make a 66 fairlane ranchero if you like, or you can make a 67 falcon ranchero if you like.

11. guruatbol

Hmmmm, maybe bolt mustang sheet metal....

Naaaaa.

12. 3175375

Could you make a Bobcat Ranchero?

tarafied1 likes this.
  13. guruatbol

Now that is an idea.

14. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

yes you can. start with this;

[​IMG]

and end up with this;

[​IMG]

15. guruatbol

Sort of like an Australian ute

tarafied1 likes this.
  16. rbohm

rbohm Active Member

sort of, yes.

17. BobV

BobV Well-Known Member

My first toy was a 64 Falcon Ranchero. Came with a whole bunch of cool parts - 5-bolt HiPo block, Lemans C7FE solid cam, dual quad intake & 4-speed. Had a LOT of fun with that - would do a peg-leg burnout for BLOCKS...

18. 3175375

Do you wish you still had it?

19. BobV

BobV Well-Known Member

Wish I still had the parts! The Ranchero...meh...
    I actually hurt the block - exploded a clutch and broke out two chunks at the bellhousing bolts. It was ugly.

20. tarafied1

tarafied1 Well-Known Member

Both of those, the Comet and Bobcat are pretty cool!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk