• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Store bought delicacies

O

opentrackerSteve

A good friend of mine who I have worked with told me he likes to visit the grocery stores when he's on travel. They say a lot about the community and people.

So, what odd things have you seen for sale in the grocery store (no, not people of wall mart pics) but food items?

Here are a couple I have seen:

Pork Brains in milk gravy (Thanks Armour! check out the cholesterol content!):
pork-brains-milk-gravy.jpg

A copworker of mine had a can of these on his credenze at work and one day I had stopped by to visit and noticed it was gone. He said it started to swell up and thought he better throw it out before he had an exploding pork brain mess on his hands! Got a visual!?!

Come on Men Man up!

"70_Fastback" said:
Holy smokes! Heart attack in a can. :scar
Kinda' like that new KFC chicken "sandwich" 2 pieces of fried chicken instead of bread with bacon and cheese in the middle. Yea ,that's healthy. Hmmm Hmmm
doubledown.jpg

"2ndgen" said:
Ahhh... the ever popular "Spotted Dick"

Spotted_Dick475.jpg

-Rory

IIRC, thats raisins & rice mixed in beef tallow. down in the south there is spotted dick, but you have to get a shot to cure it... :scar

From Wiki:
On December 15, 2009, Megan Mullally presented Andy Richter a tin of Spotted Dick as a Christmas gift on The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien. Andy commented this was fortunate, as his diet had just been altered to allow dick. Conan O'Brien immediately threw to commercial following this comment.

Back