• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

story of jo-jo

fordrule

Well back in the late 90's I used to live in Morgan Hill California/Mtn View California. In late 95 early 96 My father bought my mustang from a Mustang collector/restorer/salvager. Named Dave Cruz down in the Morgan Hill/San Martin Area. Before I was able to take the mustang out of his yard to the place we did most of our restoring, was go through his entire yard and name what year mustangs he had there. We restored it from 96-98 and I drove it during high School and some of college. I moved to Az in 2001 and the mustang has been sitting in the high desert of Az ever since. It recently made it home to Tn, where I live now and hopefully will be reborn yet again..Well i hope to that is.

It's always cool when a car can become more than just a car. I really hope we can help motivate you in some way or some how to start hammering away at it. Really nice that you had the chance to share the experience with your dad of restoring it little by little through those couple years, memories you never forget and hold on to dearly I'm sure.

as soon as I get back from this deployment I am going to try and get some work into and get her going again. I really want to find a 289/302 to swap in her and do a restro-mod clone GT

no thats not it, it was his personal residence but i know back in the day that morgan hill was making him put up a fence and possibly fining him for having soo many mustangs..all he had was mustangs.

same guy this persone bought a door from
http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/vintage-mustang-forum/362951-repro-door-shell.html

i am looking on google maps for his place if its still there. some of his mustangs would get raffled off at the mushroom madi gras back in the day. he had a red 64 1/2 convert that he did that was beautiful. he used to work at the ford plant.

craig you have been one of the biggest helpers...I just lined up a free set of 16in AR wheels and tires and a fiberglass gt350 hood....Freebie......YEAH....I think I might have a 8 in rearend lined up also from a member just needs to be freshened up and I want to look for taller gears for it. Also if I can get johns 302 also...just trying to figure out how to get it up to Ten from Tx

maybe when I haul the drag car out to Oklahoma, someone might volunteer to haul it up there or meet me somewhere. We'll figure out something...

we'll see when the engine gets to OKC and then to Tennessee . what all needs to be done to her and what parts are left for the swap

"tarafied1" said:
maybe when I haul the drag car out to Oklahoma, someone might volunteer to haul it up there or meet me somewhere. We'll figure out something...
thanks to Rick, Sluggo, Jason and of course John, they all agreed to get it to OKC!

That's an awesome journey with the car. Just the restoration work that I've done on my car makes it special, I couldn't imagine if I had the memories wrapped up in mine you do.
Bill

yes you guys are all awesome and I do owe some deffenate beer to y'all.

and i forgot to add. the name came from my fathers name is Joe and my name is Joe jr. so we coined her "jo-jo" i remember seeing a mustang in one of the magazines that had the cars name painted on the pumpkin on the rear-end. I am thinking I am going to want to do that also..

well i haven't updated this in a bit. I have met 2 guys on craigslist that have a 8.8rearend in Ohio that is 3.73 and trac loc set-up..and another one that has a gt40 explorer motor from a 00 explorer(possible "P" motor). .Next all I am in the running is for an aod trans/suspension/steering/fuel lines/brakes...its coming along..but lets just hope that they keep true because i havent had any money exchange on purpose till i am home

Just wanted to update this. Jonk sent me some pics of a trans-am racer knotchback that is very similiar to the paint scheme I was shooting for on the the mustang. I am going to do more and some things differently but here are the pics he sent me...

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

..I do like springtime yellow but I am going for the whimbelton white and satin black. I am just wanting to make sure that I am able to find satin clear for the black..

this is the hood and rims that I am getting..hopefully they clear the brake kit.. :roll
185976_10150098397614819_830519818_6048905_6739081_n.jpg

ebay...gt fog light set-up..except the housing and pigtails are 68. so i might need to sell them and try and get a 65 set. the headlight bucket is cracked and I am trying to see if i can get it repaired.

Back