• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Stroker crank...

I'm right there with you for sure. I used a conservative 1 HP per cube as a guess. That's pretty easy to obtain. I agree it very well could be 1.25 per cube. The weight is a factor for sure. I do not know what the engine will weigh. a stock 429/460 is around 640lbs. by most quoted charts I have seen and the small block about 460 lbs. I have an aluminum intake, heads and water pump so a guess would be around 580 lbs. which is about 120 lbs. heavier than a stock 289. Similar weight reductions on a SBF would make the difference greater but you get the idea. My best 1/4 mile was a severely traction limited 13.2 with horrible 60ft. times and my secondaries weren't opening so that was on a 2 barrel. The increase in power and cubes won't add any noticeable weight but will make my traction problem worse. I was running pump gas on fully inflated street tires (Maxxis cheapie tires at that). Carb fixed and a nice drag radial aired down might have got me in mid to low 12's. I weighed the car at the track and it was 3,200 and change with some gas in tank and without me in it. So figure 3,400 lbs. I have a 3.25 rear gear which is a bit tall but with the C6 was a good compromise for the touring part. The TKO has a slightly lower first gear ratio and of course any rpm I choose to launch it but I will loose the torque multiplication of TC. Anyway, I just want it to be a fun car to drive and if it happens to run 11's well that's okay too!

Back