• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

sun-x equals tint right

trialsguy

First question. Sun-x on window below the carlite means its tinted right? It looks tinted compared to my other glass but just making sure

second question, can I buy a tint film that will come close to matching a factory tint so that the rest of windows look right.

IIRC, the Sun-x is the greenish tint, I'm not sure that you could find something aftermarket that would be similar or look close to the same.

Very doubtful you will ever match it. Best bet is to buy more glass with the factory tint.

Thats what I thought on the match, IS there variations to the tint? What I mean is doesn't sun-x that is stamped in the window mean it is tinted? I just bought this glass from somebody that says it is clear but this glass is shaded a green compared to my driver side door glass I know this person is not trying to pull one over on me, I just think that he was not aware, I thought no problem I will just trade my good driver for a tinted glass then I realized I would also have to monkey with the wing windows as well so that was my question on finding a lite film tint, I really want tinted but my first want is to have a door and window on the Fastback

Sun X = Factory Tint option

You'll be hard pressed to find a matching aftermarket "film" tint that closely matches.

I'm fairly certain that a factory tint car would get you "all" glass tinted, but I'm not 100% on the windshield.

If you mistakenly bought/have a piece of Sun X glass, suck it up and find a piece of non-Sun X glass to match the rest of the car.

You're right, eBay sellers often do not stipulate/are not aware of the difference between a regular piece of glass and a Sun X tinted piece.

Fortunately for you, there's probably a guy somewhere with the exact opposite problem as you.... all of his glass is factory tinted except for his drivers door glass and he's pretty much in the same boat as you. Ebay has lots of glass listings, add yours to the list and then find the right piece for you.

Well I am thinking of sucking it up and trying to match the rest of the glass, my rear and front are tinted but the rest are not, I have a ways to go before I need the glass but will keep my eyes open. It wasn't a eBay or craigslists purchase it was a wanted /trade deal I didn't have the trade so it was purchased out right. I will focus on the tinted stuff but if I run across a clear I will get it as well, also the person I got it from had a couple so it may have been mistakenly shipped he will be checking that out today.
Thanks
Bob

A typical fastback had only the windshield and rear window tinted, so it's not unrealistic to keep the side glass clear.

Actually, the windshield tint was optional, but the rear window was always tinted.

That said, my '67 is all Sun-X tinted and I wouldn't want clear side windows. I accidently picked up a clear one when I had to replace a broken window and it looked weird with the rest of the windows tinted.

Back