• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

sure...now it breaks!

Teebone

Was 88 degrees today beautiful sunny dry day. Along about 6PM I notice my house seems to be getting warm, YEP! Damn A/C shut down, as in not working. The unit is only 3 years old. Good luck trying to reach the A/C company on a Sat evening. :mad:

Mine stopped working about a month ago. It's been in the 90s and humid since. Hottest summer on record.

Been there done that. That's why I went out and bought two decent sized window units. One stays in storage unless I need it. The other I use during summer, then store it. Saved our butts a few weeks back when our ac died.

Same here a couple weeks ago. Wasn't the AC though. Seems the circuit breaker wires at the meter were the problem.

My wire problem could have burnt the house down.
You had one of those too? Last year, the ac kept blowing fuses and blew the compressor. Had the compressor replaced and it worked for a few hours. Had a ac guy come out and he couldn't find anything. Out of curiosity, I pulled the fuse box(which he never checked). One leg of the circuit was melted and corroded. It had scorched the box around the wire. I replaced the entire fuse box and new wires. Worked for a year. Then the relay fried. Replaced that, worked for a while. Then blew the run capacitor. Replaced that and still didn't work. Had the ac guy come out and he had to replace the other capacitor(start cap). The only thing that hasn't been replaced on my ac is the frame.

Back