• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Survived my first track day!

Mach1ne

Had my first track day in the PJ on the road course at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS (2.1 mile course) yesterday.

The car was far better than the driver and the new has been officially worn off of the car.

By the third session (20 minutes each session) I managed to not be passed, passed other cars, and by the end of the session I had caught the 2011 Mustang GT that started directly behind me.

This car sures helps your confidence. I had no problem turning in to 90 degree turns at 60mph with my foot on the gas and not the brake.

They put a few of the better intermediate group guys in with us for the first session and I was able to snag one of them. He was very impressed with the handling and performance of the PJ. I just need to get more confidence in running the speed up in the faster sections. Running 100+ mph was good enough for me for my first time out.

They have a professional photographer there so I will try to get a few pics and post them.

Later.

Back