• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Suspension ideas

Drumr90

Im making this post as a place to get ideas for suspension's for my 68 coupe. I can't afford a track setup but would like car to have a little stiffer suspension than stock. What is everyone running on there cars.

Just to clarify, you want to go possibly stiffer than stock or stiffer than a track setup?

Here's me:

Rear:
4.5 mid eye leafs
Grab a Track GR2 shocks

Front:
Arning drop
620 coils with 1/4 coil cut off
ORP's rollerized: perches, idler arm, UCA and LCA
Gas Adjust shocks

"cmayna" said:
Just to clarify, you want to go possibly stiffer than stock or stiffer than a track setup?

Here's me:

Rear:
4.5 mid eye leafs
Grab a Track GR2 shocks

Front:
Arning drop
620 coils with 1/4 coil cut off
ORP's rollerized: perches, idler arm, UCA and LCA
Gas Adjust shocks
Great Start, I would also add an 1" front swaybar

"Drumr90" said:
Im not one for cutting coils but ill look into what hes running.
Come to the dark side ....

I love that I can remove my coils without a coil compressor. Coil compressors always scare the bajebers out of me with all that bent up energy just wanting to let go.

Done hundreds of rebuilds on 64-73s, best results as far as no mods? 720 front coils, 1 inch front sway bar, Scott Drake Uppers/Lowers, the good KYBs, they're gray now used to be white, "5" Standard eye rear leaf springs

Time. effort, desire.

Now should i replace all new control arms and such since its the original parts. I figure if im taking it appart i should replace as much as i can afford to do.

Yes. I would replace both UCA and LCA's. My choice would be to contact John at Opentracker Racing Products. He carries modified stock Moog control arms as well as rollerized arms. Just depends on your budget.

"cmayna" said:
Yes. I would replace both UCA and LCA's. My choice would be to contact John at Opentracker Racing Products. He carries modified stock Moog control arms as well as rollerized arms. Just depends on your budget.
Get all the roller stuff, I love it. My Mustang now corners better than I thought it ever could.

Spring perches and lower control arms use rubber bushings in the pivot points. Using roller bearings on these, instead of the stock rubber ones, allow the suspension to move more freely and don't flex under stress.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

John of ORP would suggest first, to at least go with roller perches & idler arm. Secondly, roller LCA and UCA's.

"Drumr90" said:
What u mean roller stuff. Sry 23 yr old kid here. Lol.

Thats OK, we are all 53 to 63 year old miserable bastards who dont understand text talk, but you are still most welcome here.

:wstu

if you don't have the funds for the roller upper/lower arms, John has some "blueprinted" bushing arms that will work fine on the street. those are what I have on my car, along with the roller perches, sway bar, shock tower kit & koni's. everything is available from John except the koni's. I would highly suggest sending him a message & tell him your wants/budget. he'll get you fixed up! :thum

Dont really have a buget figured yet. Got a few thing to make it more driveable before the suspension gets takin care of.

Back