• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

tarafied again

tarafied1

I know this is a Mustang forum (hence the name, duh :yah), and I currently have 5 (soon to be 6 when I drag home the 69 Mach1 Bill found) but when I traded my Expedition for the 99 GT I no longer had a truck. Sooooo.... I bought one.
now if you know me that probably isn't a surprise right? okay Craig bought another vehicle like that's news :rant
But what if I told you it was a pile sitting in a field? :whis
Well okay, most of the crap I have was some one else's crap first so that's not a real surprise either right?
but this one is a :cens
Yes, I said :cens
I know! Can you believe I would buy a :cens?
well as per the rules, here are the pics

:cens

:cens

okay, really here are the pics
995923_10200383578057629_1823425919_n.jpg

1009775_10200383580177682_1391568564_n.jpg

69501_10200383580617693_842030264_n.jpg

1045014_10200383581217708_1536583789_n.jpg

I bought it from my 16 year old son's GF's foster brother... yeah that's a mouthful but in reality I am the 2nd owner because he never titled it so it's still registered to the original owner. I gave $700 for it and dragged it home.
It was missing the quad-ra-junk so I put a Holley on it. Threw a battery in it and some gas, put air in the tires (except one has a big hole in it so it has the original spare on the front) and drove it out of the field where it sat. It ran long enough to fill the carb with rust. I pulled the tank and it sounded like it was full of sand. I drained the gas it was brown. So the tank is at a speed shop getting boiled out and a sealer in it. The carb is apart and in a gallon of carb cleaner. I should have it running again soon.
I found the original manual and warrenty card and even an old photo from when it was new(er).
998816_10200383581857724_1094336383_n.jpg

1014407_10200383582217733_1470129926_n.jpg

it's going to be the StangFix drag car hauler

That would be cool. I wasn't really looking for a truck but this one found me. I was dropping off or picking up my son and was asked if i would be interested in it. The foster brother knew i was into old cars. I couldn't pass it up.
The bed is still on the field. As soon as i get running again i will drive it out and throw it on.

for now I am just going to get it running and reliable but eventually I might cut it down to be a short wheel base and do a little body work and paint it myself. If I keep it. it's pretty solid. I have all the interior out and the floors are solid. bed sides are okay but bed floor is full of holes.
It has PS and power disc brakes (no AC). 350 V8/TH350 auto trans

Another Chebbie truck? WTF? Very nice I must say. Stovebolt.com is a very nice forum to belong to.

:thum

Craig

I know someone who has one of those! :whis about the only extra parts I have left are a cowl panel & nice right front fender. the fire took out a complete factory a/c setup I took off the donor truck...

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
I know someone who has one of those! :whis about the only extra parts I have left are a cowl panel & nice right front fender. the fire took out a complete factory a/c setup I took off the donor truck...
yours is one reason this one got my attention. Yours is very nice! Mine is a long wheel base but I am already thinking about cutting it shorter. But I need it to haul the 65 over to your house so I can get the frame welded!

that AC would have been nice!

I know a touch about replacing metal in these, I spent 4 yrs with one in the garage prior to selling it when the FB came into the garage. I've got some contacts on parts local here.

Picture011.jpg

Only pic I have uploaded of it. It ended up in primer just before I sold it. Wish I had kept it. I'd be driving it :guns

Bill

I'd like to put a 67/68 hood on but I think they are longer... but I like the lower slant if you know what I mean

It was a 67, with 68 fender and the markers, but they were getting shaved. The hood is year specific to the front end. 67-8 and 69-72.

Bill

Craig,
Be careful for once you start driving an old Chebbie truck, you'll get hooked. I probably drive mine 3-4 times a week.

Heck, I drive my Lightning that much and there is no job associated with my lifestyle.

Looks like a nice truck. Why not make it into a rollback for the cars¿¿¿¿

Back