• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

TARAfied's 93 Fox Vert

tarafied1

here are a few pics, I haven't cleaned it up yet. It's not too bad. It has a cheap Maaco paint job, new top, decent tires. Needs door hinge bushings, rear window regulator, console ash tray repair, trim painted, new front seat upholstery, ... I'm sure I'll find more things.
72-010911073826.jpeg

72-010911073912.jpeg

72-010911073951.jpeg

those qtr window regulators are a bitch. hardest part is getting everything in alignment so the top will shut properly. if you need any help when you get to that point, let me know.

whack the motor with a hammer while running the switch kinda like you do a starter thats going out. those motors get dead spots in them & sometimes a good jolt will start it working again.

I have used this place with good luck for motors. Sometimes they have to have the elec. plug changed. http://www.windowmotor.com/index.cfm

Also, if the motor runs but window does not move, could be just needing a set of gears. Cheaper and an easy fix plus buy enough at one time for the entire car. Same place has them.

Very nice. I miss my fox body.
You like having the top down?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

yes, I have only had the top up at night (it sits outside). I really like it. I don't like the lack of power but it's a fun little car. I haven't even begun to clean it up. It's dirty and full of crap. The dealer didn't clean it out and PO didn't either. I am hoping this weekend to clean it up and fix a few things.

"AzPete" said:
I have used this place with good luck for motors. Sometimes they have to have the elec. plug changed. http://www.windowmotor.com/index.cfm

Also, if the motor runs but window does not move, could be just needing a set of gears. Cheaper and an easy fix plus buy enough at one time for the entire car. Same place has them.

hey pete & craig,
don't know if you knew it or not, but when the plastic bushings in the gear go bad, you can clean the leftovers of the old ones out & drop three 1/4"-20 nuts in the voids where the bushings were & it'll work like new. won't ever have to change em' out again either....

Yep....works good. I have a supply of steel balls that I have used in my grandsons '93 Explorer (and I still have mine too).

"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
hey pete & craig,
don't know if you knew it or not, but when the plastic bushings in the gear go bad, you can clean the leftovers of the old ones out & drop three 1/4"-20 nuts in the voids where the bushings were & it'll work like new. won't ever have to change em' out again either....
well, somebody had already done that. The plastic gear was split. When the worm gear lined up with the split on the big plastic gear the motor wouldn't turn. Motor is okay. The rear window was an easy fix, the bolts were lose!

"tarafied1" said:
well the door window went down fine but won't come back up. It doesn't do anything. The rear quarter window makes horrible noise but will come up if you pull it while working the switch.
I think it just needs these
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/ite ... r-Bushings
I have a '91 that needed a set of these. I know it's supposed to be an easy fix, but it took me hours to install them. I had to sand them down to get them fit. A new motor and gear assembly is only $75. I should have just done that.

I actually had to replace the whole plastic gear assembly in the door/motor. The gears already had nuts in them and it split the big plastic gear. The motor just stopped at the split on the worm gear and wouldn't go up or down. When I pulled it apart and tested the motor it worked so I ordered the new gear set. It was only $30ish IIRC.

Attachments

• IMG_0394.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0395.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 36
I got the windows all working, polished the headlights and bought some 16" Pony wheels at a swap meet for $150. Now I got to fix the door hinge pins!
72-021011093918.jpeg

72-021011094020.jpeg

Re: Re: TARAfied's 93 Fox Vert

"jmbour66" said:
:thu It always amazes me what a set of wheels will do!

Nice looking car!

+1. Wow.
Looks like a different car.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Back